Paperback Bible

by PoppyR 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

hahahahaaaaa... THANK YOU, Underbeliever... I swear as soon as I saw the headline, I heard the Beatles tune over and over in my head!!!

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

They must encourage JWs to get the paperbacks though, I can't think of another reason why my perfectionist-always-wants-the-best father would have chosen the paperback over the hardcover....I mean, okay, it's the JWs we're talking about, so the excitement and novelty of a anything different must be a big draw....but come on! (I heard they're doing this with the Song book too..they will end up looking as cheap as their suits.)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Paperback books are for saving money, with the expectations that publishers will give them out. No different with the Bible.

Most Householders never ruin it because they look at it, then shelve or trash it.

The big drawback is for the JW's themselves, with the "free" books getting a new one every time they
    lose or forget their old one. Also, the paperback book does not last for a JW.

Surely, these books will be short lived in JW's bookbags, so they will have to increase the guilt
    on them paying a donation for them. I know that people at my hall have been very careful with
    their older hardcover Bibles, so they can avoid using the soft ones.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Oh,

paperback bibles are exactly the same pages as the black hardcover, they are black, they come in the baby-bible version also.

The hardcover large reference bible, I was told, are phasing out- but will continue the exact same bible in softcover.

Fortunately for the printing company, most JW's have the hard reference bible, and not many new JW's would ever read it,

because it is too cumbersome for use, too flimsy for it's size. Most are content with the regular size.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

............It is the INFORMATION in the BIBLE that COUNTS!!!...............easy explanation, huh? LOL

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Well, at least they can offer a 'bible' after a fashion to go along with their books for the free home 'bible' study. Funny how the book that people used to get for the Bible study wasn't a Bible! This is probably for those householders who are so biblically illiterate that they don't have a bible in their own home. Excellent opportunity for those tricky JWs to make sure they have the 'right' one to refer to! It will go so nicely with the cheap little study books they are giving out these days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit