5 questions

by Iforget 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Iforget
    Iforget

I read here so much that sometimes it makes my head hurt with how much BS I have been fed all of my life. Now that I am studying another religion I am so pissed off I can't see straight. I don't care to get into a heated debate with my family over what I am choosing to do SO I come here asking for 5 questions (there can be plenty more) that I can just say to my family that would give them pause as to why I am not going to their church anymore. I am now referring to the JW's as church because that is what they are. So let's say if mom and I are in a conversation where she pulls her passive aggresive crap, I would respond with :

1: I am really bothered by the generation change in 1995.

That is a simple sentence that is using the "I feel" part. Please post what other sentences I can say that would plant a teeny tiny seed of doubt without being combative.

Thanks in advance.

Iforget

• Butters
    Butters

2. Why are the 144,000 not literal tribes from Israel? How can all those individual verses not represent Jacob's children? (James mentions "12 tribes" and so does Jesus) 3. How can Michael be Christ when Michael says "May GOD rebuke thee" (Jude 1:9) (Michael "dare not" bring a charge against Satan), but Jesus, a man can rebuke demons? (Hence Michael is not Jesus) 4. If you are going to teach that when a person dies they go into the ground of Sheol, then how can one of the 144,000 be in heaven now? In what form? What is their substance? Jesus was a flesh and blood man when he was raised (Luke 24:37-42, 1Tim2:5) 5. Why is a blood transfusion wrong when Jesus says that there is no greater love a man could have, then to lay down his life for his brother or sister? (John 15:13) 6. Why does the bible teach that Jehovah's Witnesses are deceived (Butters 5:23)

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

"I have a real hard time justifying disfellowshipping someone - especially a teenager - at a time when they most need their family's love and support."

"I think it's wrong to allow teenagers (or younger) to get baptized and then cut them off when they later find that they didn't really understand the ramifications of their actions."

"I wonder why the Malawi brothers couldn't just buy the political party card the way the brothers in Mexico did. (It was even like involving themselves in politics. It was more like a small tax. There was only one party there at the time.)"

-Aude.

edited for grammar and syntax...

• Iforget
    Iforget

I just found the book of Butters. God did that make me LAUGH. Thanks for the great sentences but more importantly for the pure giggle!

• Butters
    Butters

You have to defeat them biblically. All the other "feely touchy" subjects will be refuted with bible texts. There are plenty of texts in the bible to show that they are dead wrong on doctrine, and that they are not practicing the teachings of Jesus or God.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

"If we can accept blood factions, why can't we donate blood? Isn't it a little hypocritical to accept something but refuse to donate??"

-Aude.

• vomit
    vomit

My usual 5: 1: I can't cope with 6billion people dying for the small fact they were born in the wrong place and wrong time, how about the chinese people not getting a witness. 2: And of their children: Should they die for the crimes of their parents. 3: If it came to a point of (e.g. consentration camp) for your mother to choose if you should live or die or renounce Jehovah. What would she do, what would you do for your children. Will you be tested to more than you can bare? 4: Why all the changes? When I was young and there was a watchtower about forgiveness I distinctly asked my mother should we forgive rapists who repent. Back 14 years ago she said we have to, we have to show our love the arrangement. Now she and the WT doesnt think quite the same. Was I wrong then? Was Jehovah wrong then? Was my mother wrong then? 5: One word hypocrisy. The hall is filled with it, the WT is filled with it. You can find an example you identify most with. e.g. How come a bad JW will get saved over a good worldling. God is loving?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Add to #1 to make it a question that is reaching into their crimestop thinking (ability to ignore logical thinking)

1: I am really bothered by the generation change in 1995.

If the WTS was wrong about one part of Jesus message, could they be wrong about other parts (1914, "presence" instead of "coming," any double meaning at all to the statement about the end of the Jewish system of things)

• Butters
    Butters

Good one Aude.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    6. Why does the bible teach that Jehovah's Witnesses are deceived (Butters 5:23)

That should just about cover any questions or comments you have with JW's.

You might ask them if anyone went door to door or preached before baptism. If they say, "Yes." get them to show you in the Bible where and when.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit