5 questions

by Iforget 21 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    You have to defeat them biblically. All the other "feely touchy" subjects will be refuted with bible texts.

Hi Butters - I disagree with you on this one. I think many witnesses need to 'feel' something is wrong on a human level first. In my experience, if you hit from the intellect, they are more likely to shut down. Tapping into a feeling will leave a lingering unease that can start to chip away at the person's defenses.

-Aude.

• Butters
    Butters

That's true. But then eventually they will have about 5 elders to try and coerse them back to Jehovah's anger.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    6. Why does the bible teach that Jehovah's Witnesses are deceived (Butters 5:23)

*flipping---flipping* where is that flipping book? I know its in here somewhere!

ESTEE

• esw1966
    esw1966

I like the point that each of the first 3 presidents of the wtbs died as false prophets.

Russel - 1914

Rutherford - 1925

Knorr - 1975

Each came and went.

The other point I like is the wtbs admission that for any who choose not to read their publications but just read the Bible that these return to regular and normal Christian teaching. But for those who do not read the Bible but continue to read the organizational material, they will continue to be 'strong jws'.

It just shows that they have gone off the path of true Bible teaching and have chosen their OWN truth.

• Butters
    Butters

Estee, it is inbetween the book of Toast and the book of Muffins.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Ah, thanks, Butter. I knew it sounded familiar!

ESTEE

• parakeet
    parakeet

I agree with AudeSapere that grappling with the JWs using the Bible is pointless; you'll just get mired down in scripture after scripture.

I recommend garybuss's 5-flip method of dealing with JWs. He turns their questions against them and reduces their arguments to nonsense. Here's the thread in which he describes his ingenious method:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/121927/2153538/post.ashx#2153538

Good luck, Iforget.

• Butters
    Butters

I should have mentioned that it depends on who the person is. Those who still like the bible will probably respond better to ideas that sound as if the WT is twisting scripture. For me, I still read the bible and believe most of it's teachings concerning love and peace. But for many others, the route you are suggesting may work too.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

You can ask anything of them and not get accused of apostasy as long as you. . .

. . .ask for spiritual help because you learned something that troubles you--and it should be something relatively recent, like a) the WTS association w/ the UN, b) the change on blood fractions, and on that note I'm still digging the 'I can't eat a whole pizza at a time but if you slice it up I can eat it in fractions' Jedi thinking.

• sspo
    sspo

You cannot defeat them with the bible or trying to convince them that they are wrong because as soon as you question anything their minds shuts down and they start viewing you as apostate?

humbly ask them to show you or prove to you from the bible that Jesus is the mediator for just the anointed or 144k.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit