MORE INSANE DRIVEL FROM THE NOV 15th WT STUDY

by Mary 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mary
    Mary

Grace said: I should be able to sue about this!!!!!!!Gross sin because I dont believe Jesus came invisably in 1914??????

That's right Grace......not believing that Jesus returned in 1874---I mean, 1878-----I mean 1914 (whew!) is about the grossest sin you can commit. Only thing worse you could do is say that you don't believe the drooling goobers at Columbia Heights were appointed as the F&DS in 1919.....that's on equal footing to what Judas Iscariot did.

• Mary
    Mary
    Pissedoff said: Why was David not stoned, under the law? He was King, and he was powerful. He did not even bring his sin to Nathan; he had to be confronted. The WT will state that his heart "must have been right"..... David's sin actually meets most people's definition of gross sin; an adult stealing another's mate, having him killed and covering the whole thing up. How does this compare to a young person fumbling about with his/her first sexual experience, or smoking a few cigarettes??

This is so true PO. I always thought there was something wrong with this whole thing. It's not like David voluntarily came forth and admitted what he had done. It had to be forced out of him. Even if he was sorry, that should not have prevented him from being stoned to death. Under the Mosaic Law, even the accidental death of someone forced the person to flee to the City of Refuge; otherwise they had to pay with their own life. What David did was not accidental. It was cold, calculated and planned. In the WT studies, it always tries to minimize what David did by emphasizing how "sorry" he was. (maybe he was just sorry that he got caught?)

I remember a few years ago, the WT study said that one young brother committed suicide after committing fornication for the first time. Instead of taking the blame for making this poor kid feel guilty to the point where he took his own life, they instead basically said "See what can happen if you do something natural?"

So, while they excuse David instead of just saying it's good to be king, they punish our young ones for what is often just stupid teenager behavior.

Exactly. And they wonder why so many young ones are leaving.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I think I remember reading that the prodigal son couldn't come home right away. Didn't he have to wait to make sure of his heart condition?

Nope.

But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him. The son said to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son." But the father said to his servants, "Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." So they began to celebrate.

I've always wondered - what exactly is a 'heart condition?' The way the WTS uses it, a 'good heart condition' indicates someone who worships and obeys the WTS.

• daystar
    daystar

I've always wondered - what exactly is a 'heart condition?' The way the WTS uses it, a 'good heart condition' indicates someone who worships and obeys the WTS.

Hmm, I never wondered. That is precisely what it means. You have a bad "heart condition" if you question anything for more than a second.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

That's exactly how they see it BizzyBee. It doesn't seem to matter if you are ignorant, bad tempered, harsh to your kids or even dishonest in business dealings, and I have known elders who were some or all those things, just as long as you worship the watchtower god, you have a good heart condition.

This article is absolute crap, but the majority of the great brainwashed in the congregations will think it's wonderful.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Thanks Mary, very good post, intresting responses!

• headmath
    headmath

God's servants study the bible and Christian publications. Jehovah's standards are discussed at their meetings, assemblies, and conventions. So Christians are in a position to know what Jehovah requires of them. Disfellowshipping takes place only if a member....unrepentantly engages in gross sin.

-----

How does the GB know jehoovers standards?. Does god want people to worship the watchtower ?? Of course not. God is so blutty jealous he could not stand to have his name even printed on the watchtower and please all those soapy prayers to jehoovet give me a brake

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit