MORE INSANE DRIVEL FROM THE NOV 15th WT STUDY

by Mary 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mary
    Mary

Here's another article showing how loving Jehovah's only Channel in the Universe is towards their fellow man. On page 26 of the November 15th Craptower study, there's a lovely study article called Always Accept Jehovah's Discipline. In reality, we all know it's really saying "Never Question the Governing Body'sDiscipline".

It's starts out with the predicable "no discipline seems for the present to be joyous but grievous", blah, blah, blah. Paragraph 3 says:

God's servants study the bible and Christian publications. Jehovah's standards are discussed at their meetings, assemblies, and conventions. So Christians are in a position to know what Jehovah requires of them. Disfellowshipping takes place only if a member....unrepentantly engages in gross sin.

So, where in the bible does it say that "Jehovah's standards" as to what constitutes "gross sin", includes celebrating your child's birthday, or giving your Mother flowers and a card on Mother's Day? Where in the bible does it say that smoking cigarettes really pissed Jehovah off, but overeating or being an automechanic (which both can pollute your body even faster than smoking), doesn't? Where does it say in the bible that Jehovah absolutely forbids the celebration of Christmas? Where does it say that men can't have a beard?

Anyway, paragraph 4 talks about Paul telling the congregation to DF some guy who was apparently pretty kinky as his deed of fornication "was not even amongst the nations." Paragraph 5 says:

"....Before....long....Paul urged the Christians in Corinth to reinstate the wrongdoer. Why? It was so that they might not be "overreached by Satan."...The sinnder had evidently repented and cleaned up his life (2 Corinthians 2:8-11)

However, when I read these verses, there is nothing to suggest that this person "repented" or "cleaned up his life". In fact, if you read the preceding verses, Paul is actually admitting that he overstepped the boundaries and was misusing his power and position by demanding that this person be given the boot in the first place:

(2 Corinthians 1:24-2:11) Not that we are the masters over YOUR faith, but we are fellow workers for YOUR joy, for it is by [YOUR] faith that YOU are standing. 2

For this is what I have decided for myself, not to come to YOU again in sadness. For if I make YOU sad, who indeed is there to cheer me except the one that is made sad by me? And so I wrote this very thing, that, when I come, I may not get sad because of those over whom I ought to rejoice; because I have confidence in all of YOU that the joy I have is that of all of YOU. For out of much tribulation and anguish of heart I wrote YOU with many tears, not that YOU might be saddened, but that YOU might know the love that I have more especially for YOU. Now if anyone has caused sadness, he has saddened, not me, but all of YOU to an extent—not to be too harsh in what I say. This rebuke given by the majority is sufficient for such a man, so that, on the contrary now, YOU should kindly forgive and comfort [him], that somehow such a man may not be swallowed up by his being overly sad. Therefore I exhort YOU to confirm YOUR love for him. For to this end also I write to ascertain the proof of YOU, whether YOU are obedient in all things. Anything YOU kindly forgive anyone, I do too. In fact, as for me, whatever I have kindly forgiven, if I have kindly forgiven anything, it has been for YOUR sakes in Christ’s sight; that we may not be overreached by Satan, for we are not ignorant of his designs.

Hmmm.....gee, no mention of this guy having to sit before a kangaroo court while they ask him all kinds of questions about his sex life. No mention that he had to sit at the back for 6 months or a year before anyone would talk to him......what's wrong with this picture??

Paragraph 7 talks about what King David did. I find it interesting that David committed adultery, had Bathsheba's husband killed when he found out she was pregnant with his child and Jehovah forgave him. No mention that all the Israelites had to ignore David for 6 months or a year is there?

The study article then goes on to encourage everyone to "confess your sins" to the elders, so they can play God and determine if your family can still have a normal relationship with you. Paragraph 9 directly contradicts the example above when it says

"...A disfellowshipped person is not automatically accepted back into the congregation after a certain amount of time has passed. Before he can be reinstated, his heart condition must undergo a great change. He must come to realie the gravity of his sin and the reproach he brought upon Jehovah and the congregation.." (like those that spoke to Dateline about getting DF'd for reporting child abuse to the authorities?)

So here, once again is the double-speak. They quote 2 Corinthians chap. 2 where the "sinner" is accepted by the brothers and sisters without having to be ignored for eons, yet they go and contradict themselves with more bullshit man made rules by saying that someone isn't automatically accepted back......no, they're not accepted back till we make sure we really make them feel like shit and worthless human beings.

Unbelievable and utterly nauseating.

• chiddy
    chiddy

Excellent work Mary haven't read your whole post but know where you are coming from, respect, keep up your work genuine .

• chiddy
    chiddy

Don't you just hate the word REBUKE , any body ever use that phrase apart from the WTS

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Mary you should have been a lawyer (if you aren't) or in my field troubleshooting problems.

Good mind you have.

• juni
    juni

Excellent Mary! You are so right. They have overstepped greatly. They will have to answer for it.

Hugs,

Juni

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

"...A disfellowshipped person is not automatically accepted back into the congregation after a certain amount of time has passed. Before he can be reinstated, his heart condition must undergo a great change. He must come to realie the gravity of his sin and the reproach he brought upon Jehovah and the congregation.." (like those that spoke to Dateline about getting DF'd for reporting child abuse to the authorities?)

So-o...a heart transplant is 'OK' ? As long as it's from a JW "in good standing"...? (and dead?)

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

WOW! Thanks Mary! Great work!

Cheers! Atlantis & Nevada-

• Butters
    Butters

Hi Chiddy, The WTBS uses a mock form of "rebuke" which, just like, uh, their other stuff, is really way off. They should be rebuked for their rebukes. I used to think the word had something to do with throwing up.

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

Appreciate those who post information on the latest literature etc, for those of us who no longer have the literature available to them. My mom-in-law, until the last 4 months, used to make sure we had all the magazines, but I've asked for them several times and she says she hasn't had time to get them together. I think she has been told we don't deserve the fine pearls of wisdom from the magazines. It's interesting also, there is the "book" study and "watchtower" study, but not a "Bible" study, at the Kingdom hall.

Little Bo Peep

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    "...A disfellowshipped person is not automatically accepted back into the congregation after a certain amount of time has passed. Before he can be reinstated, his heart condition must undergo a great change.

I have had a change of heart in a split second before..........The long punishment is many times only for the congregation as the shunning is too long and like most people that get sick of trying to get something they cannot reach........move on.

It is very humiliating and humbling to go through this process. I did it and felt like I became stronger than those who shunned me. I certainly was less judgemental.

I also realized elders were only human, and they could ask all the silly questions they wanted to, but they are not trained psychologists, nor can they know whats going on with a persons heart.

Like I said in another thread, I was coached heavily for a JC meeting to keep from being DF, its all a big game.

Pathetic.

purps

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit