Disfellowshipping in America- more commonplace

by dido 31 Replies latest jw friends

• dido
    dido

candidlynuts- wow what a list! no 11 got me! apart from all the ones with underage kids, disgusting, paedophiles, so many of them! Did you keep a record of all of them, were you an elder?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

no.i was an invisible female of no rank .

i remember them all because they were members of my congregation that i grew up in and attended most of my life.

• juni
    juni

god Candi! How do you remember all of this???? I can't remember what I did yesterday!

Juni

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

it was the rural south east usa , i think i'm kin to 90% of them LOL

• juni
    juni

Shelley said:

There was an elder in our congregation that had an affair with a teenager my age, with his wife's blessing. They were teaching her "how to be a good wife", in case something ever happened to his wife. He finally got df'd, but moved to South Missouri. There he was reinstated, and an elder again

That is so sick!! And then to be re instated and eventually an elder again. How scarey! And what about his sicko wife? She's just as guilty. What happened to her Shelley?

I hope they know in Missouri his history and keep a close eye. Makes me shudder.

Juni

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

Serial fornication (and worse - last time I heard, having sex with an underage person is still statutory rape, no matter what state in which you reside). So much for "Jehovah's Clean Organization". What a crock! So they get df'd, get divorced, get married again and then get reinstated, and the cycle starts all over again. And they have the GAUL, the unmitigated GAUL to point fingers at "worldly" people who screw around. Hypocrites. Liars. To paraphrase, Jesus aptly prophesied about them - vipers, unclean, filthy vessels "white" on the outside and filled with corruption on the inside. I wish I believed in Hell - these people deserve to have their asses burnt in the fires for a while!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It depends on the congregation and elders. We moved to a cong. that ended up having many dfings during our first two years there. We ran into a very kind and wise elder from our previous cong. at the district assembly. We told him of all the dfings and the discord in the elder body. He looked profoundly sad and softly said, "Of all the years I've been an elder in L'ville, we've not dfed one person and never have we had a rift in the elder body." The L'ville cong people were more kind, patient and intelligent. The C'ville people were more rural, clannish with a warped work ethic and hard heartedness towards anyone in need.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I have the impression that in America they are stricter on everything and the other English speaking countries are stricter than non English speaking ones.

• juni
    juni

Could be Greendawn. Have to remember "Mother" lives here.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

You were in Texas. Thats the same backwoods area that gave us M thats W turned around the moron George Bush. Thats probably the problem.

Thats just a bit of humor I know that M is a Yankee carpetbaker. My apologies to Texas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit