Why it is wise to...

by lighthouse19something 19 Replies latest jw friends

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

I recall wt article titled "Is it wise to examine your relgion" and encourged it.s use in fs. Funny they don't want rank & file examing them.

• Butters
    Butters

I gave a talk on that once. I still feel bad that I forced myself to speak such horrible lies like "It is wrong to question Jehovah's organization and authority on any matter"... I left out the part "Question those who love Jesus"... Here is an interesting link some of you may find funny, unless you are a Republican: http://www.thefrown.com/frowners/becomerepublican.swf

• Atlantis
  • fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I took the advice last year and examined my religion. That's why I'm not in it any more.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

Is the guy in the white shirt pointing to some kind of line? Why is the guy in the green shirt holding his left nostril shut?

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

It also seems that the caption reads Practices disaproved by god.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Hi, uwishufish,

It is a line of coke and the guy with the finger to his nose is getting ready to snort it. Oh, maybe I'm wrong, maybe it's a line of mescaline.

Gee, don't know.

mimi

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Lighthouse,

WELCOME! Here are some places where they said this:

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Watchtower 1969, March 15, pg. 166

If our worship is to be acceptable to God, it must be firmly rooted in God’s Word of truth. Jesus reproved those persons who claimed to serve God but who relied heavily on the traditions of men in preference to God’s Word. He applied to them God’s own words from Isaiah 29:13, saying: "It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach commands of men as doctrines." (Matt. 15:9) Since we do not want our worship to be in vain, it is important for each one of us to examine his religion.

We need to examine, not only what we personally believe, but also what is taught by any religious organization with which we may be associated. Are its teachings in full harmony with God’s Word, or are they based on the traditions of men? If we are lovers of the truth, there is nothing to fear from such an examination. It should be the sincere desire of every one of us to learn what God’s will is for us, and then to do it.—John 8:32.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Is This Life All There Is? Book pag. 46 Chapt. 5

Knowing these things, what will you do? It is obvious that the true God, who is himself "the God of truth" and who hates lies, will not look with favor on persons who cling to organizations that teach falsehood. (Psalm 31:5; Proverbs 6:16-19; Revelation 21:8) And, really, would you want to be even associated with a religion that had not been honest with you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit