An Elder...No longer serving as an Elder.

by xjwms 20 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Maybe this elder is looking at apostate sites and will soon join us in freedom from the Org?

Jeff

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl
    If elders are really appointed by Holy Spirit, can mere men "unappoint" them?

Or perhaps the bigger questions is...If you are appointed by holy spirit, then can you "un-appoint" yourself or "step aside"? If, in theory, Jehovah is the one to appoint you, does'nt he have to be the one to un-appoint you?

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Were his initials KK or RH?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    If, in theory, Jehovah is the one to appoint you, does'nt he have to be the one to un-appoint you?

As a matter of fact, yes. Thru the Governing Body (okay, the service desk working for the GB), a person who no longer lives up to the task is removed. Regardless of the fact that I stepped down, I was not removed (deleted) as an elder until the GB answered the questions from my Body of Elders. Usually, this is done in a report from the CO to the GB (okay, the service desk again or somebody representing them).

SO, until you are un-appointed by Jehovah (okay, some guy who sits at the service desk going thru reports), your appointment is valid.
    I considered pulling my letter before the WTS answered back about my doubts, and saying "NEVER MIND."

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

OnTheWayOut, hey I had some holy spirit i just felt let loose from my rectum (a fart as it were) This holy spirit nonsense is just that nonsense, hope you were saying that tongue in cheek.

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

It always grated at me when I heard someone say so-and-so "stepped down", as though they were above everyone else (in fact they think they are). Anyway, we would always wisper "stepped aside"...just a thought.

Little Bo Peep

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    when I heard someone say so-and-so "stepped down", as though they were above everyone else

Sorry, Bo Peep,

I still go to meetings so I still have WT language. It did not feel like a step down. It was very lifting (of spirits).

• xjwms
    xjwms

HappyDad

Neither of those.

I won't say, Ya jus never know

• chiddy
  • sf
    sf
    as though they were above everyone else

They ARE above everyone else, in the congregation of lower ranking male members.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit