An Elder...No longer serving as an Elder.

by xjwms 20 Replies latest jw friends

• xjwms
    xjwms

My wife was at the meeting last night, ... and she told me this morning that an announcement was made that

one of the elders decided to step aside. He was so hard core it made me sick. He was always in everybodys business.

And he was the one who was ALWAYS RIGHT no matter what. You know the kind...ATTITUDE AND VERY PROUD.

It just makes me feel better knowing that the others have to apply themselves all the more. Who will those idiots appoint next?

Thank you for letting me get that out. Wheewww. !

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

"And another one down, and another one down, another one bites the dust!"

• xjwms
    xjwms

LOL

Double Edge

LOL.................exactly

• willyloman
    willyloman

Which raises the question... If elders are really appointed by Holy Spirit, can mere men "unappoint" them? Just wondering.

• xjwms
    xjwms

willyloman

THANK YOU

I was thinking the same exact thing.!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

willyloman, of course they are appointed by Holy Spirit. Judas was also. But Jehovah chooses the man based on what he is doing today, not by looking forward to see if he will fail or need to step down. Why do you suppose Saul was such a miserable failure as a king? Are you saying Jehovah picked the wrong man for the job. Was Fred Franz the wrong man for the job of one-in-three-million who will decide what the Bible should say, and what it should mean?

We cannot look at the disasterous results of putting Freddy in charge of all that, any more than with Saul. Jehovah knew what he was doing when he appointed pedophiles or yes-men. Each congregation had different needs, and the men were qualified at that moment to fill those needs.

You really gotta stop questioning Holy Spirit.

• xjwms
    xjwms

What if we don't believe in holy spirit ?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    What if we don't believe in holy spirit ?

Okay then, you can poke fun at it, but only those that don't believe.

• sinis
    sinis

willyloman, of course they are appointed by Holy Spirit. Judas was also. But Jehovah chooses the man based on what he is doing today, not by looking forward to see if he will fail or need to step down. Why do you suppose Saul was such a miserable failure as a king? Are you saying Jehovah picked the wrong man for the job. Was Fred Franz the wrong man for the job of one-in-three-million who will decide what the Bible should say, and what it should mean?

We cannot look at the disasterous results of putting Freddy in charge of all that, any more than with Saul. Jehovah knew what he was doing when he appointed pedophiles or yes-men. Each congregation had different needs, and the men were qualified at that moment to fill those needs.

You really gotta stop questioning Holy Spirit.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

So was this the "big" announcement for October??????? Rumors or Bloomers???? hee hee

brzfst

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit