Are we in Christ's 1000 year reign yet?

by undercover 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jake99
    Jake99

The world is not in the reign of Christ until he is recognized and empowered by man to lead this world.You do realize that the kingdom is one that unifies all lands under one simple non profit operating system that protects and manages the resources of this planet to perfection.I am the Messiah the world is looking for and I spent my time training, leading by example and creating miracles rather than following any religious book. I was put on trial twice near Y2K in Massachusetts for acting like and claiming to be the Messiah and even though I was convicted the judge had to overturn it because I had violated no law. I can end all the wars, poverty, corruption, environmental destruction, health problems and dissatisfaction with nothing more than a unified system and I do not claim to be God although he appears to be with me judging by my accomplishments and the history of my life.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Brenda,

can we get an amen?

If we are in Christ's 1000 year reign, he's a rather shitty ruler.

Amen, Brothers and Sisters, and Halelujah too!

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

The Society's bible chronology for the 6000 year terminus being 1975 is based entirely on James Usher's Annales Veteris at Novi Testamenti (years of the old and new testaments), which is disputed. How richly ironic that the Society relied so heavily on this single secular historican's version of bible chronology, yet they reject the tonnes of secular historical evidence that 586 is the correct date for the destruction of Jerusalem. Blind fools.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

The gap between 1914 and the actual start of the millennial reign is easy for JW's to rationalise away > Rev 12: we are presently in the 'short period of time' between when Jesus becomes king and when he 'extends his dominion' towards the earth. This 'ruling but not yet extended his dominion' is a completely extra-biblical invention by the Society, akin to the Catholic churches (recently discarded) limbo teaching.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Ooooohhh. You mean like the time between when a president is elected, and the time he actually takes office.

Eh. Still a lousy ruler. And I didn't get the opportunity to vote!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

What is the current teaching? Does the 1000 years go from;

• when Jesus started ruling in 1914
    • at the end of 6000 years after creation
    • after Armageddon

If it started in 1914 then we only have about 900 years left of Jesus being our king in paradise!

The original Adventist idea made much more sence. Jesus started ruling in 1874, which coincided with 6000 years after creation. The New System was going to also start in 1874. It would have been perfect. Even when that didn't eventuate, Russelll said New System was to start in 1914, only 40 years after Jesus started ruling.

• blondie
    blondie

If we are in Christ's 1000 year RAIN, we better start building arks.

• Jake99
    Jake99

You will not need an ark if you allow me to manage the planet and minimize mans effect on global warming. The scientists are telling the world that we must change and do it quickly and I suggest the system that Jesus recommended be put in place ASAP. And that will lead to 1000 years of peace and prosperity.

• Jake99
    Jake99

When the world is in my reign all will be peaceful and prosperous and all of the tasks that need to be performed to manage this planet properly will be done. You will see a reverse effect on all negativity and the future will look bright in every way.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    Nearly 101 years down... 899 years to go...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit