Your Favorite Poem or Saying

by compound complex 54 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear and welcomed Freedomloverr, Narkissos and other fellow-respondants to this post,

This is too wonderful and most unexpected, yet truly a fulfillment of YOUR (plural) very words! Your magical experience of transformation, Free, brought on by the words of another. And to think I missed the original statement by the eminent and worthy Narkissos. Your assessment of those words and their wondrous effect upon you personally have, in turn, moved me. The comments of so many others---most notably those of Ray Franz---have had an incredibly exponential influence upon all of us, I'm certain. Just this simple little thread about the joy of words has brought so much happiness to me. Oh, the gift of speech---communicating our heart, mind and soul to our Father and to our fellow man! I would never have believed that the "forbidden" JWD would be such an instrument of unceasing joy. Time for me to quit waxing prosaic but to wane. I must away to the gallery to replace the art that now graces the understatedly elegant walls of the newest and toniest eating establishment in our fair town. What a coup! Blessings and peace and love to all you dear ones!

Yours truly,

CoCo

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

This is my new favorite saying for several different reasons;

Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to their work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine. -- Nikola Tesla

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Misanthropic,

Thank you for your comments. I know precisely what it means to have a "newest favorite saying," and that for "several different reasons." Tesla's opening words, "Let the future tell the truth" apply, it would appear, to the very essence of our being here on JWD. We are participants in the quest for truth or even something beyond (is there?). One active searcher calls himself Matthew 10:26 (in reference to that which is hidden becoming revealed). In addition to acquiring insight from the diverse offerings on this board, I am also seeing the need to let things unfold as they will. Thus, we are allowing "the future [to] tell the truth." With or without us, surely the FUTURE can take care of itself. Thank you again for your excellent thought.

Yours truly,

CoCo

• zagor
    zagor

I agree misanthropic, that is one great saying

• Jez
    Jez

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heaven of Hell, and a Hell of Heaven."

John Milton Paradise Lost

Share this

Google+