Getting DF'ed next Thursday -- hold me!!

by JimWood 31 Replies latest jw friends

• shera
    shera

Yay! enjoy.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Jim Wood,

Congrats on doing the RIGHT thing. Now they can all kiss your ass--- those dubass unpaid volunteers! I'm surprised they didn't ask if you were wearing boxers, a thong, or tighty whitees.

Dismembered

• becca1
    becca1

I find it amazing that after seeing the proof of involvement with the UN elders don't see the writting on the wall. It is proof to me of being brainwashed. How basically good and even sometimes intelligent people can't see they are being deceived. I've said on here before , my dad has a genius IQ, but he thinks the Society must have "their reasons". Why don't they tell us "their reasons"? Is that not more proof that they got caught red handed? Is not the only right thing to do , according to their reasoning, do get away from them as fast as we can?

Be proud of standing up for what is right. I know this must be very painful, but you did the only right thing.

• Bodhisattva1320
    Bodhisattva1320

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

and (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Will2Power
    Will2Power

It doesn't matter one jot whether the information about the alleged wrongdoing of others is true or not...if you are seen to be causing divisions and causes for stumbling then you are down the road. This implies a tacit approval for wrongdoing by others in the congregation. On this basis, the fact is that the Society have themselves given great cause for stumbling others. If you are being disfellowshipped for telling others about the Society's adulterous affair with the UN, then so should those individuals responsible at Brooklyn. The position the elders have taken with you is basically that if you tell others about serious wrongdoing then you are causing division, even if no justice is meted out for the original wrongdoing of which you are telling others about. You could have used the argument that all Christians have an obligation to expose wrongdoing in the congregation, and since you have become aware of wrongdoing amongst the Watchtower leadership (The charge against the Watchtower Society being: spiritual adultery with the UN and gross failure to maintain neutrality towards a political entity) you have an obligation as a Christian to expose that wrongdoing and attempt to have the wrongdoers removed. To play the devils advocate, and in defence of the elders, look at it this way: if you became aware of an individual in your congregaton who had secretly signed up to a political party, had agreed to spread information about that political parties ideals and activities, all in exchange for using that political parties resources/getting certain concessions from them, what would you have done? Would you have prepared a pamphlet and handed it out to everyone in the congregation? No, you wouldn't have. You would have gone to the elders and told them about the individuals wrongdoing. So technically the correct way you should have gone about the UN thing was to present your evidence to the elders of serious wrongdoing on the part of prominent members of the GB and their comrades at Watchtower headquarters and that there is clearly strong grounds for those individuals to face a judicial committee? The persons at WTS headquarters are just individuals in the global JW 'congregation' like anyone else. If there is a prima facie case for gross wrongdoing on their part, even at the very highest level, they should be subjected to the same tests and protocols as anyone else. However, as we know, that approach would have got you nowhere when it comes to the Brooklyn puppet masters. It is one set of rules for them and one set of rules for the R & F.

• done4good
    done4good

Congrats, Jim! Enjoy your freedom!

j

• Will2Power
    Will2Power

Here is a scenario, at least interesting to examine from a theoretical perspective: Organise a group to prepare (perhaps set up a website for donations to cover associated costs) a comprehensive accusation/charge directed at the Watchtower Society of apostasy, serious wrongdoing over the UN thing and HAVE IT PUBLISHED in prominent newspapers in New York, London, etc (perhaps have a law firm noted as acting on behalf of the aggrieved and have that law firm give an opinion on possible defamation implications before publishing). In the advert, accuse the Society of failing to apply their own standards for accusations of wrongdoing and demanding that the Watchtower Society individuals responsible be subject to a judicial committee, in the same manner as any other JW should be. In the advert, accuse the Society of gross hypocrisy and flagrant injustice for disfellowshipping 100's of persons for exposing the Society. Demand that the Watchtower leaders follow their own protocol for dealing with accusations of wrongdoing and to conduct an official enquiry/investigation and discipline those. Admittedly this approach is way out there (readers would think it is done by total nutters), and perhaps not realistic, but imagine what the reaction might be...? Look at the fall-out caused to the Society just from those articles back in 2001 in the London Guardian that first publicly exposed the Society's wrongdoing. Imagine if that could be milked more via the media. Another option is, instead of publishing the charge in newspapers, make copies available to download on a website and organise a mailing campaign to JW's and congregations. Or stand outside the World Headquarters and hand them out to Bethelites, or stand outside your local congregation and hand them out to JW's when they are leaving their meeting. Or similar.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

jim ; i only read the first post on this thread. and have been keeping up on your story as best I can. this is what i'm talking about RABID JW'S, THEY COULD CARE LESS WHAT , YOU RESEARCHED . OR YOUR PERSON. it's just out the door with no honest truthful answers. i show no respect for such DOPES. you will be fine. john

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Congratulations Jim, and welcome to freedom!!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Hooray for you Jim....

Welcome to the rest of your life.

Just wondering if you could post the UN info that you "accidently" printed up? I would love to make copies of this and any other "tracts" that others have used.

I'm getting a little bored and I think I would like to start distributing some "educational" material.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit