"Exactly like a thief in the night"

by Star Moore 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Star Moore
  • Star Moore
    Star Moore

Opps...what do you think is meant by Jesus coming exactly as a thief in the night?

Would his presence be in secret, and what would he be stealing???

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

He's like a theif in the night who sneaks in to steal your panties.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Jesus comes at an undisclosed time. To the unprepared it will be a shock. To those who expect him it will be a pleasant surprise.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

It simply means Jesus returns when people least expect it, when they are sleeping, not on guard. Since hundreds of millions of Christians are keenly expecting Jesus to float down from the sky any day now and touch down by the wailing wall in Jerusalem or whatever, it means Jesus return is not near.

• avengers
    avengers

I knew he was a thief!

• Moomin
    Moomin

I believe he will be like a thief as in not expected and the similarity ends there. I guess there is some analogy out there of what Jesus could be stealing but I've had a bellyful of analogies. :(

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

He's been here since 1914. You need X-ray specs to see him

Dismembered

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hey friends...

Daniel.... hmmmm .not thinking he's want my panties. More important things to do..lol

Prolog... Is it possible, he could be here without people noticing like the witnesses say... like a thief? And thereof would be walking around like a thief..?Oct 11, 2006
    yadda: I agree, most would be sleeping and not be aware.

And he wouldn't come like at the wailing wall....

avengers: This world's government's need stealing..right?

Moomin: Don't you think he's stealing the governments rulership? And will become ruler of the world.. and crush their kingdoms...?

And the yeah....the 1914 thang is sooooo wrong....

Oct 11, 2006
    Oct 11, 2006

Oct 11, 2006
    Oct 11, 2006

• Moomin
    Moomin

Hi Star, What's happened to your text, thats funny. That is a real exciting thought to imagine that he is here roaming around. But I thought he was going to come with shocking suddenness. What would he be roaming around the earth for? Maybe he is stealing the rulership, but I wonder if you can steal something that is rightfully yours anyway?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit