Should I DA myself or not?

by Mrs Smith 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

This is my first post, some of you have read my hubby's story - Agent Smith - anyway I was just wondering if I should write a letter to disassociate myself or just leave things as they are. I have not been to meetings for about 8yrs but have only just come to realize what a load of rubbish the JW's teach. Now that I have read "crisis of conscience" I have no doubt that JW's are corrupt. I feel like I need make a formal break but I have loads of family that are JW and even though I don't see them that often I don't want to be shunned by them.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Unless you have some really good reason to 'Go with a BANG' , I think it is best to just slip away quietly. You don't actually want to talk to them, DO YOU?

Remember the blood pressure!

fokyc

• VM44
    VM44

Hi Mrs Smith,

I recommend that you just fade away.

That way your family can still talk with you.

Any letters you might write to the Society or to the elders would just be used against you.

--VM44

• bubble
    bubble

Yeah just leave things be. At least you still have a relationship with your family that way.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

You've succeeded in leaving, and still retained your family insofar as you want to involve them in your life. I, for one, covet your good fortune. You hold all the cards.

If you DA the chances are there will be an incredibly short announcement and most of the congregation will say "who?". Your family will then likely disown you, for no other reason than an announcement was made. A terrible anti-climax to eight years of effort.

You've already won! Try to find your closure some other place, and really live your life

• Dansk
    Dansk

Two choices:

Disassociate and lose family

Do nothing, lead a normal life and retain family. As you haven't been to a meeting in nigh on 8 years your life is virtually normal now!

It's a no brainer!

WELCOME TO THE FORUM, by the way!

Ian

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Thanks everyone. My mom turns a blind eye to all the christian (non-jw) books in my home. Goes deaf when the kids say they go to church. So she's pretty cool about it all. Still nags me to go to meetings. At least my kids can have a relationship with her. Mr Smith parents are not that easy, they keep their dealings with us to the minimum.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Can't improve on the advise above - 'leave sleeping dogs lie'.

Welcome to the forum.

Jeff

• shera
    shera

Hello and welcome.

I would leave it.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I wouldn't want Witnesses around my kids. I'd much rather Witnesses shunned me than to allow them access to my children. I was really discouraged by Witness relatives. I'm MUCH better off with them out of my life.

I hate living in fear of losing something important to me. I'd rather get rid of it, then I can't lose it. If people would shun me if they knew what books I read, I don't want them in my life. I SURE don't want them near my kids.

My job is to protect my kids and give them the gift of a good life. I can't do that when I'm putting them in harm's way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit