Should I DA myself or not?

by Mrs Smith 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Mrs. Smith (Welcome to the board)

I think your decision to leave things as they are is a wise one. Your pioneer mom is just reacting to what she has had implanted in her mind. Be nicer and kinder to her than ever that will get her to thinking.

brzfst

• Bam412
    Bam412

Hi there! I was raised a JW, I finally left at the age of 28 and I am now almost 34. Anyway at first when I left, I went travelling with a friend I worked with previously and sun, relaxation and time to think and use her as my therapist, I tried to unjumble everything and make sense and it helped beyond belief. When I got back to the UK, I just got back to work and I just thought you know what I want to move on completely and the only way I can is to remove myself from the religion once and for all. So I did round about 30 years old. Anyhow, I moved to a few congregations around London and my records got lost somewhere along the way, so I wrote to Bethel and told them my congregation chronology and told them to remove me from their records as I don't want to be associated with a religion that protects paedophiles and the rest.... My mum has always made it clear that if I was disfellowshipped or disassociated (the latter being worse) she would have nothing to do with me. She ignores my brother as he is. But to this day she still speaks to me to insist that I return to 'my father'. I told her that I am disassociated and she said that she has never heard this announced so she doesn't think I am!! My sister tried to DA herself from the JWs and she was only about 2 years left from the congregation, she called the PO and he couldn't remember who she was! So maybe I am not helping, but for my sake I feel good that I have made a conscious decision to move on with my life, but the JW religion consists of not the brightest sparks to walk this earth, so it might not get announced, but it will make you feel a whole lot better (although I would prefer that my name was not lingering on their database system somewhere, but guess I'll never know - they seem rather protective with their databases!!). You seem moved on as it's been 8 years, but to be completely free is very liberating!! Good luck in what ever you decide.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit