How did you feel, when you missed your 1st Memorial?

by JH 37 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Deaf..My mom wouldn`t shut up..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• done4good
    done4good

This year was the first I missed. Felt damn good, (after learning the WTS was full of shit).

j

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Don't know the answer to that - I have never missed a memorial in over 50 years, not even for illness.

However, I haven't been to a 'normal' meeting at our local KH for 3 years now and though I attend the Memorial to support my long-suffering wife, we have managed to out of town for the past couple of years so attend a different congregation. I am more comfortable with that.

• girasole
    girasole

I did the same thing that I did when I missed my first meeting. I got dressed, paced around, got undressed, paced around, got dressed, paced around, and so on and so forth until I finally decided to do something else. I remember specifically for the memorial having a little mental battle inside my head - thinking, why not just go, what harm would it do? Just go and leave. Then I quickly remembered what would likely ensue if I really did go.

I'm pretty sure that for both my first missed meeting and my first missed memorial I went out to dinner. It was nice at the time to be able to go out and not worry about running into any witnesses.

girasole

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The first Memorial I ever missed was when I was DF. I did get ready for the meeting but when I went there the door was locked.

All I could think of was the scripture that says how many will try to get it but can't .......however it is worded.

FEAR came over me like never before. I was sure on top of being DF I was really doomed.

It was not until years later when I was reinstated that I found out the latch was broke on the door and it was not locked.

purps

The ones after that I never even was around to know when Nisan 14 was.........and the one i missed last year I was sick, I was glad I did not force myself to go.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

The main point for me for not going was that I did not want to be included in this big number for advertising purposes.

• freetosee
    freetosee

I was thinking „now they know I am serious about this!" it felt good though, maybe because the anointed status / FDS’s new light was one of the big issues I had when starting to finally do some independent thinking. No going to any of the meetings it was strange suddenly having so much time. Actually it was a mixed feeling, reminding me of the time when as a child sneaking into my older sisters room and steeling he chocolate, a mixture of guilt, thrill and fun. Also sad, because I saw the hope in my family’s eyes, hoping I would come along on this special day. fts

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Personally, I felt if there was by chance a hell I was going to it. Took me years not to feel guilt. When you been raised in this mind controlling cult.... it took years for your brain to be brainwashed.....so it takes years for you to wash your brain clean.

Leslie

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I felt "heavenly"!! LOL angel

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

I didn't care. No reason for me to rush home from work just to watch a nice glass of wine pass your eyes being tempted to go to the pub. I went to the pub instead. It was great.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit