Any "tricks" you'd like to play on a JW or at the KH?

by JH 20 Replies latest jw friends

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I "heard" they called the cops "yelling" vandalism. The cops laughed at them. A good friend of mine was one of the cops who responded. He told them "it looked nice and festive"!! Bits of the tinsel was still hanging on for a week!! We really coated it on good! The cop pretty well knew who did it. But he never asked, and I never told!! There were so many of us that left that year, they didn't know who did it!!

shelley

• BookOfJude
    BookOfJude

Remote control smurf.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Back in 1971, when I was the Theocratic Ministry School overseer, I added some non-Watchtower books to the KH library in order to broaden the minds of my students. The Passover Plot by Hugh J. Schonfield was among the additions. At the time I found Schonfield's works to be thought provoking and my own personal library contained a copy of every book he ever wrote. Surprisingly the Passover Plot stayed in our KH library until 1981 when the new School overseer, following a directive from the Vatican, removed all non-Watchtower publications from the library shelves.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

You know what I think would be a cool trick? Setting up a discreet recording device in the elder's room. I don't know what sort of clandestine recorder would be capable of getting clear sound, and perhaps be triggered by remote.

The cool thing is, I'm going to be getting a key to the hall. Is this wishful thinking, or could it be pulled off?

• VM44
    VM44

"Surprisingly the Passover Plot stayed in our KH library until 1981 when the new School overseer, following a directive from the Vatican, removed all non-Watchtower publications from the library shelves."

Sounds like this purging of the KH libraries might have been a result of the clampdown on "apostasy" at Bethel. Make sure no one is reading anything not approved by the Watchtower's Faithful and Discreet Slave!

Why didn't Bethel also have the local congregations organize a special book burning meeting while they were at it?

Was this the time when the Watchtower published an article about what books could make up a theocratic library?

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

I believe that voice activated recorders are sold at places like Staples.

--VM44

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    I believe that voice activated recorders are sold at places like Staples.

--VM44

I just looked. Staples was the last place I would think to carry those things, but I was wrong. All it needs to have is voice activation or remote activation, absolutely silent operation, a microphone jack, USB port, and of course, exceptional recording quality. Price is no matter. For some reason, I just have the strongest urge to sneak in there, camouflage a recording device, and harvest the conversations. Audio editing software would be gravy, but that's not an issue... The elders spy on people all the time. I think it's high time to turn the tables. I've found a couple of other recorders that might fit the bill. I don't know the company involved, so these might just be duds. Here's #1, here's #2.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Hi VM,

Yes, there was a Watchtower article in the late 70s or early 80s about what books should be in the KH library. However, it also had a list of prohibited items. Among those not approved by the Watchtower Vatican were books on "higher critisism." That meant that the Passover Plot had to go. If I remember correctly, there was even a copy of Hans Kung's On Being Christian in the library. Of course it too was discarded. So much for the Watchtower's allowing JWs freedom of thought.

• TheKings
    TheKings

if you do get the recordings, you'd better post the finds

bravo on the christmas lights!

you could print some pages out from jwfacts.com and tape them all over the kingdom hall

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Wouldn't a nice nativity scene look good in front of the KH sign ? Maybe the Elders kids that stole one from a local church here last year still have it and will let us use it ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit