What are your reasons for posting here?

by sonnyboy 37 Replies latest jw friends

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I'm curious as to what drives some people to post at certain boards.

For me, I first came here over a year ago thinking this was a pro-JW site, ready to jump on the dubs. LOL. Little did I know...

I posted here exclusively for a while, but then found that the repetitive topics became tedious. Nothing but WT this and WT that. It IS staying on topic, but I can't see reading the same thing day after day for years on end. It didn't seem to help me move on, but continually brought up feelings that had been previously dealt with. Much was learned to be sure, but my god. It became too much. I think the 'friends' section should pertain to just that, details about friends on the board and how their lives are now, not contain more JW talk.

What is your main motivation for posting here? To help others? To deal with personal conflict?

• blondie
    blondie

I wouldn't say I am any more "driven" to post here that I am on 2 other non-WTS related boards.

On all 3, I find people with common backgrounds and common interests.

Not much different from people who belong to support groups re a physical or mental illness, battling alcoholism or drug addiction, or people interested in scrabble or chess, or a particular TV show or sport.

I wouldn't call it driven though.

Blondie

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Working to put "dubdom" behind me. I know others here with that same purpose in mind.

Some days I feel I've made lots of good progress. Other days, I still wonder.

ESTEE

• Arthur
    Arthur

I post here for basically four reasons:

1. To gain support with the emotional difficutly that comes with leaving the org (while family members remain)
    2. To network with individuals who have left the organization for the same reasons I did. Then, to have discussions with them and bounce ideas off of each as to doctrinal issues and beliefs.
    3. To gather research on various doctrines and issues.
    4. To help other people who are going through simmilar issues that I have or am going through.
  • Chicken Chunks
    Chicken Chunks

Speaking of posting about friends, I hope everyone takes a look at my posting. I listed some names of individuals I'm trying to reconnect with since losing touch with them after their DF'ing (Andi, Alex), and my subsequent DF'ing several years later (the rest of the list). I've already gotten 2 responses, but they only provided other websites that turned up not to help (either I don't know what cities my friends are in, or the list of x-dubs was too short). Oh well, maybe one day I'll catch up with one or two on the list. Any input would be great! If you know them, my email is on my posting and profile.

Ciao

T

• Chicken Chunks
    Chicken Chunks

BTW Arthur, I love that freakin' show (Arthur) - too bad that dude is dead, he was funny!

• Jourles
    Jourles

Why?

1. To expose the WTS as the book publishing company it really is instead of the religion it masquerades as.
    2. To create a network of friends that have been through the same things as I have and understand what I've been through, and vice versa.

The day that both my wife and my parents either leave this so-called religion or die, will be the same day I leave this forum. I may be here for a while...

• Twitch
    Twitch

Contact with other former dubs

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I came here for support and companionship when I left the wts. I stay because I've made friends here and keep in touch with them, and to help others who were in the same position as me when I first came.

• slimboyfat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit