What are your reasons for posting here?

by sonnyboy 37 Replies latest jw friends

• whyizit
    whyizit

I've never been a JW, but have a friend that is involved with the WTS. I first came here to see why people left and what caused them to do so. It has given me a larger perspective of how hard it actually is to leave, especially when you have family and friends that are still in. It also showed me how much courage and suffering it takes for people who choose to stay in, knowing the lies and mind control involved, because they cannot bear to leave without bringing their family out as well.

I've watched people grow from bitter to better on this board. It is an amazing counseling tool.

Most of all, it proved to me that the WTS has enslaved many highly intelligent, wonderful, people who have a great sense of humor and are strong enough to break the bonds, even as they choose to stay and rescue their loved ones. You inspire me! You give me the inside picture of what is REALLY going on. I need that. Thanks to all of you!

• clarity
    clarity

Think about it ... why do we post here, haven't we

got better things to do?

>

Well, for me right now this is a better thing!

Better, because my compassion & empathy get

a work-out.

>

Being in a cultish organization with constant armageddon threats,

guilt inducing rules & fear, deadens our senses.

>

Being here for those who are escaping the wt,

brings me back to humanity again,

.... and gets rid of that "us & them" mind set.

>

My heart is softer now, my mind clearer & charactor

stronger!

A combination of being helped to wake-up & helping

others to do the same.

clarity

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

The title of this thread is a question everyone posting here should regularly ask themselves. Most people are the last to know what motivates them. I came here originally in my own name about 12 years ago. I was searching for something to replace the faith I once had as a Jehovah's Witness. All these years later I have not found a set of beliefs that that I am able to put faith in. I guess that in many ways I have forgotten what I came here for, which amounts to a successful rehabilitation. I live not by faith but by a philosophy and have found the peace I sought.

Prolific posters always have an agenda that drives them to want to influence others in some way. Someone recently stated that if we still post here, then we have not moved on. There is some truth in that. At the same time it is an entertaining and sociable forum to be a part of. Robust debate is allowed and there is always something new we can learn or encouragement we can gain by knowing that we are not alone in our quest to make sense of our human condition.

• prologos
    prologos

search for truth and to have like-minded people stimulate my mind. I am a survivor and do not need support, but like to be helped along in the search for truth. I find the discussion here that is absent and impossible in all but one KH I attended. I am impressed and overwhelmed by some of the knowledge displayed here, but am lost when things get too detailed and personal. a truly great place to participate.

• Terry
    Terry

Ex Jehovah's Witnesses speak and think in a completely strange language which even they are unaware of as "at odds".

Who else thinks as we do?

Who else understands the tears, the shreds of our heart and the lonely center of our being standing and shivering alone in the center of an empty universe?

The hole in our soul is shaped like Jehovah and nothing.....nothing at all can fill it in.

We seek solace and another pair of ears.

So...we are here.

We speak. We listen.

We rant. We console.

We hide. We appear naked and and frightened.

In all of this....WE ARE ONE with each other.

The rest is laughter, insanity and often...just plain old bad manners!

• tiki
    tiki

we know where we've been and what it was like being absorbed by the religion and then removing ourselves from it. there is a lot in life that some of us have missed out on due to years frozen in inactivity of real life....i come here and post because i know there are those who can relate....i go to work and have friends, but there is a big gap in my history that remains unspoken and can't be really understood by anyone except someone who has been there............

and i look for humor and get some very good laughs from some of the dudes here!

• tiki
    tiki

ps - very eloquent terry - and oh so true.....:)

• james_woods
    james_woods

I am here to extoll both Wibble and Ferrari, to enforce the law of topic integrity, and to start and stop the troll clock.

I also attempt to answer the many questions of Minimus.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I came here to learn the truth about the truth, from other peoples' perspectives. I stay because I like the people here.

• Pterist
    Pterist

1. To converse with people whom had been part of a cult like myself, specifically JWs.

2. To be mutually encouraged by spiritual brothers and sister, NOT to throw Jehovah's saving work and gift of eternal life in Jesus, out with the bath water.

3. To keep up to date with the changes that are occuring in the WBTS around the world.

4. To be used by God in whatever capacity he gives me, to preach the glorious ministry of the Spirit 2 Corinthians 3:7-11, 2 Corinthians 4:4-15 that changes lives, and that gives freedom and power to overcome our Adamic nature, that leads to a peaceful and quiet life in him, and that brings blessings to our families, neighbours and friends.

Shalom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit