Unbelieving husbands- blessing in disguise?

by dido 15 Replies latest jw friends

• pratt1
    pratt1

Although my mom would never admit it, I am sure she is very happy that my dad never came into the "troof". She gets to have a significant say in the house and not be constantly reminded that the man is the head of the house and that she is just "the weaker vessel."

My dad was also pretty liberal with my mom financially, so she got to pioneer full time and still shop at all the best stores like a mad lady.

If my dad was a dub, he would have certainly put his foot down on her habits.

• dido
    dido

pratt1- yes i agree there were certain benefits, my ex was very materialistic, and we had the best of everything too, but i didn`t appreciate it at the time, just wished we were a family united in the `truth`. I divorced him while i was still a jw, but do regret it now, as we probably would have had a good marriage, it survived 25 years. It`s weird as he is the one that has come out better in life in general, and yet i was the one who sacrificed so much, it`s not fair! So much for god looking after you, i feel abandoned.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Sorry, Dido:

I divorced him while i was still a jw, but do regret it now,

Is it too late to make up?! After all, if he could put up with your JWism for 25 years..............................

Ian

• dido
    dido

I don`t think so Ian, i have been on my own for 8 years now, so it`s too late, too much has gone under the bridge, but my whole family has split, so there is so much damage, and i`m the one who gets all the blame, because or the religion.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Dido,

I'm truly sorry. It never ceases to amaze me that JWs in high positions within the organisation, who surely once had a conscience of what is good and bad, should see the suffering Watchtower has caused and is still causing and yet stay where they are! It's true, isn't it: Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Love, hugs and see you at the curry,

Ian

• dido
    dido

Thanks Ian, i am really looking forward to meeting you and everyone there. I do struggle with life, as it hasn`t turned out very well for me, losing my family and my religion is a hard pill to swallow, but i keep going hoping it will get better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit