Is anyone familiar with how the attorneys are compensated at Brooklyn?

by restrangled 20 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

Wt uses in house layers

Greg allen, jim andrik, carolyn wah, olseen and they used to have big Bell , along with others

they also use outside law firms-

bethelite lawyers don;t get to bill, outside lawyers and the wt setup their own payment plans like any other client / attorney arrangement

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

There was a lawyer living near Paterson. The WTS bought him and his family a house across the valley so he could live on the outside but work at Bethel. I don't know about any money they gave him, but they did buy a house for him. Do I have any evidence? No, (I can't seem to find that copy of the deed), but it was what I heard from other Bethelites while I was visitng there for a few days.

• JT
    JT

there was a black Dr from Cleveland OH that was put into a Brownstone in broooklyn he had like 3 little girls and a son, when i was at bethel

today two of his daughters are married to bethelites

when the wt needs a speacial skill they will do what it takes

there was a bro from Conn, who caught the train to brooklyn every day- yes 2hours folks

and the word at bethel was since his wife was a nonjw they could not come to bethel so they hired him at a reg salary so he could live on the outside, keep his wife happy, make a good lawyers income and provide his expertise to the wt

nothing unusal at all about how the wt operates

wt is a billion dollar corp folks, money is no object - when you got 6 millions folks willling to send $$$$$ at the drop of a hat, they can afford it

• Arthur
    Arthur
    The attorneys at Bethel serve as do all others at Bethel with the same monthly stipend. At times outside lawyers are used but the payment to them is negotiated in advance.

Zarco is indeed correct. I served at Bethel and personally met people who worked in the legal departement. The JW attorneys on staff are equipped to deal with legal issues regarding the business of the Watchtower Society's legal entities. However, outside firms may be used who specialize in certain areas of the law which WTS attorneys are not trained or experienced. But, the idea that JW attorneys at Bethel get compensated as if they were outside legal council is plain silly. These rumors are spread by people who have never served at Bethel.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Bethel do not pay for their internal lawyers apart from the usual Bethel allowance, nor do they pay for auditors etc who are usually JW volunteers. However in cases where they can not get a volunteer with the skills they need I would imagine that are bound to pay normal rates.

In regards to the issue between the Aust Privacy Commission and the WTS over whether I can get hold of my personal documents, Bethel has requested an extension of time to seek independant legal advice. I expect this means they are having to pay for an expert in Privacy law.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I know some brothers with certain skills volunteer their time for free. My dentist goes to Bethel for weeks each tear to fix the brothers teeth for free. I'm sure other professional people do the same. Certainly they also have lawyers that live there. Their legal department has to be fairly large with all the litigation they are involved in. And to think I once thought that donating to them was the best thing I could do with my money. Not another penny from me.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    I know some brothers with certain skills volunteer their time for free. My dentist goes to Bethel for weeks each tear to fix the brothers teeth for free. I'm sure other professional people do the same.

Oh, how I wish a few good psychiatrists would volunteer to go back there and treat members of the GB. I'm sure that at least of few of them would be diagnosed with symptoms of sociopathic tendencies, megalomania, and paranoid delusions. Perhaps a few others would be diagnosed with headuptheass.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i found (and i think posted) a rather prestigious law firm that the society uses for its real estate ventures a few weeks ago.. i'll see if i can find the link.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

here it is..i posted it in mid september.............. this is a very prestigious and expensive firm.

http://www.ffhsj.com/practice_groups/real_clients.htm

and under land use clients: http://www.ffhsj.com/practice_groups/real_land_use.htm

The Watchtower Society in connection with rezoning and special zoning permits for the development of a property in Brooklyn
  • greendawn
    greendawn

It's hard to see how lawyers, well educated and qualified people, would go through the humiliating experience of working full time as unpaid volunteers of the WTS when they could go out and earn a great living and secure their future and that of their families. If they do then they no doubt save the WTS a lot of expenses but then they may get some backhanders that the other Bethelites do not know of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit