Girls/ ladies, were the sister`s competetive in your congs?

by dido 38 Replies latest jw friends

• dido
    dido

I don`t know about your congs, but the ones i were in became like fashion competitions between some of the sisters. I noticed how some of them would look you up and down, very obviously, then the following week wear something identical. I hate being the same as other people, so it used to p... me off, but i couldn`t believe how competetive they were. The elders wives were the worst, they used to compete against each other, i used to watch them and laugh about how `spiritual` they were, more worried about their homes and clothes etc. They had to have all the `latest` mod cons`. The one thing i thought was pathetic was the personal numberplates one elder had for his wifes car.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

There were a lot of single sisters in my kh, including me of course, and whenever a single brother joined us, we would all give him the once over, and if he looked like he might be good marriage material, then the competition would start. I've seen sisters virtually throw themselves at new brothers, quite embarassing at times.

I remember when Trev joined, one or two were keen, and showed it after he was baptised, and when he was appointed an ms, the competition went into overdrive. I must admit I always fancied him a bit, (obviously!), but I tended to hold back from seeming over keen, hoping he'd "notice" me.

• dido
    dido

Linda- the competition for bro`s was terrible, they would nigh on scratch each others eye`s out to get one.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I know it was dido, some well - meaning couples used to hold singles parties at their homes from time to time, and do their best to matchmake. I went to a few, and nearly always seemed to end up sitting next to Trev, for some reason. He never showed any interest in getting a wife while he was a jw, but there were a few volunteers available for if he changed his mind.

• Moomin
    Moomin

fullofdoubtnow - Did they get the ump when he did notice you?

I got told off by an older sister about wearing clothes that had 'Rocha' written on them. I didn't notice at first as the top had applique detail of flowers and beading etc. She told me that it might offend other sisters who can't afford such things.

Rocha is only Debenhams, its hardly up there with all the big designers.

• dido
    dido

Moomin- i bet she was just jealous cos she could only afford m&s.

Linda- so how did you manage to capture him then?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Well moomin, he has said I was the only one he was ever even slightly interested in, but he didn't want to get married in the jws. It wasn't that he had doubts about it then, they came later, but he had only been divorced a year or so before he joined, and he was still paying child support for his son, and didn't want any other commitments at the time.

We waited till we'd both left the wts to get together.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

dido, Trev helped me to get out of the jws. He showed me all the sites, like freeminds and let me join this one from his pc. I hadn't got a pc myself, and came here 3 or 4 nights a week to post on JWD, and one night we both had some wine, and I didn't feel up to driving home. He wasn't able to take me either, so I stayed here. We both knew we were a lot more than friends, and well, we let nature take its course that night.

That was at the beginning of December last year, and around Christmas, which I spent most of here, he asked me if I wanted to move in with him. I moved in in January, and we've been together ever since. We are getting married next year, in June, and hopefully a few from JWD will be able to come, you'll certainly all be invited.

• Moomin
    Moomin

wow that was quick, you smooth mover you.

• chiddy
    chiddy

I'd like to come

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit