Guns

by Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

There is no need to carry small arms in NZ and it is illegal anyway.

I have owned a sporting rifle for most of my life. I have caught more food with my fishing rods, but I still consider my rifle a neccessary tool.

Cheers

Chris

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I believe American gun laws are moronic.

To each his own Nick. Most Americans think your gun (and knife/pointy object) laws are quite moronic.

Good to see you made it back alive from your Scuba doing.

BTW, I have also made my views on this subject quite well known on other threads, and will not rehash them here.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I for one am always armed, whether it be an automatic or one of my knives, I have been known ot carry anywhere from 2-4 knives at one time. And I either have a pellet pistol or rifle at all times in the vehicle I am in, along with my trusty sw9ve 9mm. I ain't about to be messed with, although being old no one really messes with us elderly except in some parts of town.

I think shooting is fun, i am also in archery and have been since 5 or 6 years old. I love it, guns, outdoors, hunting etc. i was in the military for a number of years 20+ and using a firearm was second nature to me. And to answer any questions, no it wouldn't bother me in the slightest to shoot someone messing with me if pushed to do so. I have done it many times in the past and hopefully won't have to in the future, but mess with me and mine to a point and all holds are off, I will shoot and I won't shoot to wound. I will make the intended target a no matter permanently.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I will shoot and I won't shoot to wound.

Sage advice. Shooting to wound is only done in the movies, and by idiots.

I believe Jeff Cooper (God rest his soul) said something to the effect of "center of mass, shoot, repeat as necessary."

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Even as a dub I never had a problem with the thought of killing someone who was trying to hurt me or mine. Some people just need killin'.

• TD
    TD

Another CCW holder here....

Actually U.S. gun laws vary considerably by state and locality.

• avishai
    avishai

How about Swiss gun laws?

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

I don't have any current statistics in front of me and quite frankly I couldn't be bothered to look it up (bein' the dumb, moronic 'Merican that I am), but it is my understanding that violent crime rates in the UK went through the roof after the restrictive guns laws went into effect.

grumble, grumble, grumble...

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Well, thank god we don't have to listen to the Brits about our gun laws... heh heh heh...

CZAR

• zeroday
    zeroday

I keep a Ruger 9mm with 2 15 round clips, also a Smith and Wesson 44mag 29-2. Dirty Harry special.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit