JWs worried about the tract campaign?

by fullofdoubtnow 16 Replies latest jw friends

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

My sister told me that they were told at the convention this summer that many people were not going to like this tract. She also said that they were told that persecution was probably going to increase. I am sure this tract may drum up some persecution.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Ha! Yeah, if God doesn't fufill your prophecies, print up an "inflammatory" tract to try to get people pissed atcha.

Whatever, while that tract is annoying and bigoted and will likely make anyone who even reads it decide never to be a JW, it sure ain't going to do anymore than that.

Persecution, my ass. One or two dubs will get yelled at at the door and then will hype the story up into JW urban lore...

Even their "attacks" on "false religion" are pretty weak. And the part about ho-ho-ho-mo-sex-uals in the ministry is annoying but brief enough for people not to even notice it...

Big yawner.

-K

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Well, yeah, I know what you are saying. There will be no "real" persecution, but people will dislike them even more and may say hateful things. That doesn't compare to being tarred and feathered, raped, homes destroyed, beaten, and murdered.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi mimimimi, and welcome to the board.

people will dislike them even more and may say hateful things.

Well, I couldn't dislike the jw religion any more than I do already, but I think if anyone from another religion reads the tract, and many churches in our area have already received an advance copy, as my boyfriend and I sent some out a few weeks ago, then the jws will most likely get even less of a welcome than they do now.

I just wonder if, in some ways, they are trying to create a bit of persecution for themselves with this, so the gb can then use the situation to their advantage, telling the rank and file that this is what they should expect, being the true religion. Personally, if that is part of the plan, I hope it backfires on them.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Fullofdoubtnow,

I think that is exactly what they are doing. The GB is going to do whatever it can to keep the R&F following their carrot and doing what they want.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Well they should be worried. Linda you saw my thread a week or so ago about the religous vilification laws in Australia. In one state they have been passed and people prosecuted already.

You wouldn't catch me delivering this in a pink fit... well not now anyway.

I'd be interested to see how thorough their territory coverage is as well. I haven't seen a JW on my doorstop since I faded away over 2 years ago. And mind you I've lived in 3 different places and they don't know any of the addresses.

Time will tell...

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

I would think that the JW's are getting the polite "I'm not interested" less and less these days. I would think "get the F$#% off my porch" would be more common.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit