JWs worried about the tract campaign?

by fullofdoubtnow 16 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I got this from the Reachout Trust website. This is what a JW poster said the other day about the new tract campaign:

I was wondering when reading the new tract (KN37) after last nights meeting how this will go down on the doors. Quite a tract!

I suppose because we are told to "keep the territory sweet" be nice and non-confontational this one really caught my eye - This tract doesn't have quite the cosy message of previous tracts. It is much more - an alarm bell message - a real revelation trumpet blast and quite to the point too. In the tract it mentions homosexual marriage - the churches tollerance of it. I just wonder if this may inflame and cause some arguements... I also wonder how people will feel - say they are a born again - or catholic- or Muslim - being told in no uncertain terms, 'you're wrong' ??

So at least this jw has realised that, if someone of another faith reads the tract closely, they may get a little upset. I imagine most of the tracts might go straight in the trash anyway, but it could be interesting what the reaction will be if anyone takes the message to heart.

• done4good
    done4good

The witnesses are going to find their stance on many things is not going to be tolerated much by many people anymore. Too many subjects, (such as homosexual marriage), are just too controversial in the minds of many people, and the witnesses can very easily be written off as bigots if they bring that kind of stuff up. Good luck.

j

• VM44
    VM44

I haven't had my copy of the tract delivered to my door yet.

I don't think the JWs are covering their territory as well as they used to.

--VM44

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

JWs are pathetic. To refer to their tract and pathetic efforts at distributing it as a "real revelation trumpet blast " is a joke. The JWs I see on the street every day are doing nothing other than talking among themselves. I don't see them actually offering the scrap of paper to anyone.

W

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    I haven't had my copy of the tract delivered to my door yet.

Although they've had the tract a few weeks now, the actual campaign isn't schedlued to start until October 16th, and supposedly lasts for a month. No jws would dare start delivering them early, they might get accused of running ahead of the org lol.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Fullofdoubt

they might get accused of running ahead of the org lol.

Heh, how true. 'Course it wouldn't take much to get ahead of the org, a slow walk would do it.

S

• V
    V

I have heard the same concern myself among JWs.

They think this might bring "persecution". Hey, if God doesn't fulfill your prophecies...

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Relax, no one reads that crap, its all in the trash, trust me.

W.Once

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Relax, no one reads that crap, its all in the trash, trust me.

Absolutely my thoughts too. If they take it at all, it will only be to be polite, then it will go directly into the trash.

• moshe
    moshe

schedlued to start until October 16th

I am anxiously awaiting their visit to my neighborhood- I plan on delivering a "heads up" flyer of my own to everyone on my block- it might get unpleasant for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit