Cult Fighters are short sighted fools

by proplog2 50 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy prop,

Young people have been conditioned into a mindless mass of consumers of Viacom.

That is a vast, sweeping, generalization which can't be proved.

And I think you're wrong - and since it's only our personal opinions and not proof.....my word is as good as your word.

You've got some decent points - but the generalization killed it.

waiting

• Winston
    Winston

I don't beleive this thread.
    Once I defended Prop.
    But this thread I can find nothing to defend him on!

How long have you LIVED and how long has God LIVED?
    1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to .000000000000000000000000000000001
    Who is like God?
  • somebody
    somebody

Proplog2,

The anti-cultists are narrow minded and uninformed to say the least.

Oh really? Is that opposed to pro-cultist?

You see a lot of this here. It is mostly a cover for irrational hatred.

I think not. I think people are here because they have a LOVE for people trapped in cults. They have LOVED ONES who they care about and LOVE. If people here could hate, then they would have been able to stay strong followers of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society Inc. and would have been able to ignore their own conscience.

I can't bring myself to read any further than I've commented on, of you post.

peace,
    somebody...of the Loving anti-cultist class.

• Teirce
    Teirce

I'll support Proplog2 in this way: Witnesses who exit experience a spiritual revolution similar in some ways to midlife crisis and in other ways to a near-death experience. It reinforces that life is short and it propells them the examine their true potential. In this sense cults are dream-maker factories, but the person has to be born from them first, a difficult, time-consuming process. Up to that point, what exact potential is being contained that is not in essense already free elsewhere in the world, outside of the JWs? If there is a talent of note and formidible value, it cannot really stay locked up. Therefore, concern for those inside the JWs is more of a humanitarian sentiment than a concern that the world is losing the advantage of rare genius.

As for the personal cost, for those with family and beloved ones still in it, it's hard to seperate the diversity issue; they "Need our help" quite apart from any big issue.

Happy to be wrong..

• proplog2
    proplog2

Somebody:

The inquisition was conducted by people who felt they were showing love for the poor wretched infidel. A little pain would save them from the suffering of hell-fire.

I have no objection to people who want to use persuasion to coax people out of "bad" religions. But use of the "cult" label is an effort to enlist the help of governments to "protect" people from strange gods. That is dishonest and harmful.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Waiting:

Sorry. I just got carried away. I'm intoxicated with bare midriffs and navels that sing. Down boy! MMMMMMMMMMTV I love it.

I am entitled to my quota of generalizations.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

proplog2,

I agree with you, we should not use that dirty cult word to expose those deceitful cults. We should be more diplomatic. We should use words to discribe these deceitful cults like, Pseudo Christian religion. What about, Lost Souls on Bikes (Mormons). I can think of more but I am sure you get the picture for a more politically correct term for cult. We don't want to label anyone or any religion or organization with words that describe them to a tee, do we?

• proplog2
    proplog2

Winston:

Thanks for defending me when you can.

I started this thread as a reaction to all the schemes that are being hatched on this forum. I view much of it as a type of terrorism.
    Intimidation IS a form of terrorism.

JW's deserve some of this for intimidating their members. Can't dissenters ascend above the dirty tricks and intrigues?

• Teirce
    Teirce

You may refuse on grounds that it's irrelevant, but, what is your own background Proplog2?

I also belong to the cult of midriff and bellybutton, but that doesn't dictate that I can't check out.. shoulders or elbows.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Tierce:

You present a good point. I guess since I was basically expressing an evolutionary model I ought to be a good social scientist and sit back, take notes, and enjoy the show. Whatever happens ... happens.

I just really am turned off by the old ladies passing out bars of soap for the smelly natives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit