Cover Letter and Letter of Disassociation.

by AK - Jeff 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

wow Jeff.

just wow.

I don't know what else to say.

how do you feel???

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

you wrote an excellent letter and the cover letter couldnt be better!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    wow Jeff.

just wow.

I don't know what else to say.

how do you feel???

It is an amazing paradox of emotions for me. I know that the religion is wrong, and I knew the day would come in which I would be most likely 'boxed in' and forced to this decision. Yet, I feel sorrow too. Sorrow that I have left something behind that was not just part of my life, but it WAS MY LIFE, for more than four decades. Mostly I am saddened that one is not allowed to just leave, retain the good thoughts and the good times [there are some] and move along. It is a keynote timemark for sure. Jeff

• goodgifts
  • goodgifts
    goodgifts

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for this.

I too have recently been thinking about writing to individual members of the congregation. A very good idea.

I guess I am about 3 years behind you at the moment. My journey started last year when the "quotes" website was sued by the watchtower. Since then I've had my eyes opened.

However, I am trapped in a large family, appointed and have kids who are progressing to baptism and also kids who are marrying within the next few years. This is gonna be hard as I need to keep quiet and do this right.

Despite the overwhelming evidence and that fact that I know my wife and other family members would join me, there is still a small doubt in the back of my mind that I could cause a huge departure (without being bigheaded, I am well respected within my group of family and friends) I just fear that I could be leading them straight into the hands of the devil.

I say this because I have 30 years service in this cult and it's gonna take a while for me to find the courage.

You go for it brother and I wish you all the Christian love you need to help you.

Goodgifts.

• becca1
    becca1

Jeff: I feel for you and envy you at the same time. Your mixed emotions may be painful but you must be experiencing a great sense of relief as well. I, for one, feel smothered and claustrophobic. I fear loosing my cool and blurting out something I can't take back at each meeting I attend.

Take each day at a time, give yourself room to grieve and heal and enjoy the rest of your life.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Jeff, amazing post and letter................I bow to your courage and honesty to your own principles..........kudos my friend!

Terri

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The letter is a good idea and I hope it has an affect. I sent a letter to the 3 elders on my JC. One was very attentive and said he was very affected by my case. I had hoped maybe to have opened his eyes. Sadly I saw him in a supermarket the other day, and he briefly acknowledged me with his eyes and walked by silently. The indoctrination is very strong and hard to break.

• Mary
    Mary

Just read this now......what a wonderful letter Jeff. Well thought out, articulate and based on fact. Hopefully, it might wake up the brain cells of a few.

All the best,

Mary

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

For those just reading this letter, this is an excellent example of why so few Jehovah Witnesses congos publish member lists for the use of the members.

It's not because the leaders don't have the info, JWs are probably the tightest controlled group in that respect.

No, the group that urges its members to address each other as "brother" doesn't want members to have each others address and phone numbers (in an easy to use format) because of what AK did.

They are very afraid of this kind of thing which means that it must be continued.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit