Cover Letter and Letter of Disassociation.

by AK - Jeff 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Jeff,

A very moving, well thought out and well written letter. I haven't decided what to do (fade or da) but your research and others who have posted similiar letters to this board do a great job of setting forth the issues.

If I were to receive such a letter during my die-hard days, I would have been prompted to research in an effort to "set you straight". Of course, you already are straight and I would probably end up at the stage I'm at right now.

Thank you for posting this! Best wishes to you & your wife.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    A very moving, well thought out and well written letter. I haven't decided what to do (fade or da) but your research and others who have posted similiar letters to this board do a great job of setting forth the issues.

I had decided maybe a year ago, to just let sleeping dogs lie. Then, this spring [with the visit of a new CO I think], the harassment began. I hung up the phone, would not answer them while at my door, and sent a letter stating that I considered them to be out of line, since I had clearly been out of thier religion for some time. This fall they persisted to the point of calling me to a JC meeting this coming Sunday.

I have put maybe 50-100 pages together at various times to try and cover well all the issues - but I assume it would not get read anyway. So this is an attempt to finish the matter with a little class. I have tried to format it in an easy to follow way, just hoping that some will bother. If not - I have at least tried. I think that many witnesses though will want to read something they think is privy only to elders - gives them a sense of importance. So we will see.

Jeff

• Honesty
    Honesty

You could have ignored the little voice of conscience that kept whispering at you while still serving the WTS..

Yet, you kept your conscience clear before God as you vowed to do and left the WTS cult to truly find Christ.

The WTS has purposely made our serving God and His Son a wise but most difficult choice.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Dear Jeff;

The casual attitude and the lack of love when I was a JW: disabled, caring for a handicapped youngster and having a nonJW hubby....all led me to question many things about this "organization of truth and love".

YOUR letter reflects much of what mine did, the similarities on the personal level right up to the doctrinal level are disturbing as I see this so often in my former JW brothers and sisters. IF this IS "God's Organization" as they claim, we shouldn't BE in so much pain and turmoil!

Your letter was excellent and I would like to think that someone will take note of these ongoing problems with the WTS and DO SOMETHING but we all know that remains to be seen.

My very best to you on your path out of bondage and subserviance to men...

hugs,

Annie

• done4good
    done4good

Good letter, Jeff. If, for no other reason, it is good to at least set matters straight with your friends before any announcement is made. While I too, have decided to just "let sleeping dogs lie", IF it comes down to the same situation you found yourself in with the elders, I'm going to have to do the same thing.

j

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Excellent letter Jeff. I sincerely hope that some of your friends will read it and take note, but more likely they will put it into the rubbish bin before they get to the end of the first page. But you never know ! We did the same thing with our DA letter - we sent our letters first to friends (about 17) but not one of them got in touch. If the WT are good at anything, then they are good at brainwashing, that's for sure.

I will print out your letter to add to our ever increasing files on the JWs.

Well done

Twinkletoes and Kaytee

• PandaPet
    PandaPet

I really appreciated the clear, detailed statement of the facts and your feelings. I have "let sleeping dogs lie" because of my family, half are in and half are out. One person in my family sent in a letter and the ones still in will not talk to him. I love my family and currently am the only one who speaks to everyone (they'll get no judgment from me).

I don't plan on putting them in the position of choosing again. It is grossly unfortunate that it would even be a matter of choice.

Of course, it helps that I'm not in the same town as my original congregation, they aren't in a position to pressure me as they did you.

Good life to you,

• becca1
    becca1

Great letter, very heartfelt and detailed. But, perhaps, too detailed. What I mean is, you want your friends to read it and not get spooked. I would say as much as I could on one single page in hopes that they get through the whole thing.

I wish you the best.

• parlay
    parlay

Excellent Letter. If any of your friends truly knows you and does even

a little of their own thinking, as opposed to letting the WTS

do it all for them, they will have to wonder how after 50 years of service

you are no longer walking beside them. If a long time friend wrote another such

a letter, it would be read in an effort to at least understand what has happened.

That is if they were true friend. So if they choose not to read your letter or in-vestigate

the issues you raise, they either are not truly your friends or they choose to let

the WTS think for them and dictate their response. Either way you follwed the honorable

and truthful course. They will have to live with and answer for theirs.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Well - I took the bull by the proverbial horns just five minutes ago.

I called one of the elders on the JC and informed him that I would submit to his personal hand my letter of Disassociation by October 15.

I actually think his voice broke a little - we have been very close friends for a long time. I kept it totally professional, telling him that I would indeed miss him personally.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit