The JWs still blind to the implications of the 1995 generation change

by greendawn 44 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LanDi
    LanDi

The official guideline of the society is that they are the 'faithful and discreet slave' and they pray for Gods spirit, if you dont beleive you're unspiritual. Now any mistakes are quite obviously becasue ' The light had not been firmly established' and will trickle through till the end.

To survive armageddon you must associate with the witnesses, go to meetings regular and on the work constantly. Its a beautiful thing.

The current attitude is that the end will come during the existence of the annointed ( that is the next couple of years) Will that be wrong. 1914, 1925,1975(alledgedly) all dates they predicted the end, but that was unscriptural to do so. So why do it. Obviously a flood of people left during these dates which according to the society meant that they weren't in the truth for the right reasons. If we look at the unfolding of the world the last one hundred years, everything has been VERY slow, but the end ????? One has to ask, with the controversy of child sex abuse among JWs, will the Babylon attack by the UN (remember the discussions on the Internet a couple of years ago that hte UN was banning religion, repossessing their lands,etc) will JWs not be first on the list??????????

Jehovah ahs shed light on things and enlightened his people. Its certainly interesting

Now if you question, you're having doubts and falling away, and that's dangerous. However, these words are not the societys, the are the words of Jesus himself.

• Warlock
  • Perry
    Perry

I remember where I was sitting when I read it. I remember that my long-time JW friend came over and I was really angry over it. He suggested that I write to the society about it. I just stared at him because he wasn't angry too.

That Watchtower was the final straw for me. I was already just stupified at the lack of love in the org and especially my own family. Up till then I figured I just had to accept the toxic environment. After that, I knew it was all smoke and no fire.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

As has been mentioned - It's not that the Society is particularly smart or skilled; they play upon people's emotions and psychological blindspots to maintain control.

Another BIG reason why JWs try to keep their eyes shut in the face of blinding fallacies: You can't admit you were waiting for "that generation" to die out. Doing so means admitting that you are waiting for a reward. This allows the elders, et al., to imply that you only serve Jehovah because of what you'll get out of it, i.e., you are selfish and spiritually weak - looking for a "pay-off" - and probably need some "special attention" from the elders... This also gets confusing, as the Society will do articles dangling Paradise out there as the carrot, then turn around and tell the publishers:

w93 5/15p.8 - WhyServe Jehovah?

Selfishness and fear of destruction might move some to go through the motions of doing Jehovah’s will. Others might be so enthralled with the hope of life in Paradise that they would serve God simply for that reason. Yet, if people driven primarily by such motives thought that Jehovah’s day and the great tribulation were not so near, they might not be inclined to serve God zealously.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

My favorite WT cover May 15, 1984

Ding Dong

Still took me about 3 years to get the flock out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit