Elder pled guilty to exposing self on school bus--please comment

by rebel8 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• rebel8
    rebel8

Original thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/121132/1.ashx

Summary: An elder in Canada pled guilty for exposing himself on a school bus. He was at work at the time. While no children may have witnessed his act, this type of behavior is a known prelude to more serious crimes. Sources say he is still an elder in good standing. Media reported the story here: http://www.welcometokelowna.com/featured.php?newsStoryID=3647 However, it appears the media has declined to cover the story further.
    I started a thread at the following link, with a poll. Please go there and comment. (Note: You have to register first to post.)

Perhaps local citizens will get upset enough about it which will in turn pressure the local kh to take action. You know how important “appearances” are to them.
    Even if they don’t demote the elder, these comments will draw needed attention to this important issue. It takes only a minute or 2—please click and comment.

http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?p=79844#79844

• greendawn
    greendawn

The JWs used to boast about being a clean org and not having sex scandals like the Catholics etc did but it has been obvious for a while now that they have as much of a problem if not worse. There is no such thing as a clean organisation in this world everywhere the good is mixed with the bad.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

In the beginning I used to believe the JWs were a "clean organization" and above all the rest. For the most part, they may have been.

But I do not think that now and I don't think anybody else does either. As a matter of fact, I feel they are worse in one regard. Because they pride themselves on their supposed reputation of being the true/clean/pure religion, they will stoop to anything to keep that reputation.

Because this is their only claim to fame they have to defend it vigorously.

LHG

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    In the beginning I used to believe the JWs were a "clean organization" and above all the rest

I used to believe that as well. It turns out that, instead, they are just better at hiding their dirty secrets than most other religions.

• sf
    sf
    it appears the media has declined to cover the story further.

Go figure.

Nice to see you rebel. I was looking at your site to see if you had put up anymore fliers for apostate field activity. Got anything new?

This last Sunday's activity in the field, DURING THE MEETING I USED TO ATTEND, in the area surrounding my childhood kingdumb hellhole, I printed up and distributed DOOR TO DOOR and POSTED EIGHT FLIERS ON PUBLIC BUILDINGS AND BUS STOPS, a flier I made that has JESUS CANO's photo and news link. Along with freeminds.org and silentlambs.org website addresses. It's pretty to-the-point. Yet just wondered if there were any others you haven't put up yet.

Thanks.

sKally

• choosing life
    choosing life

I used to give the Witnesses the benefit of the doubt, but since I heard an elder in a meeting defending the 2 witness rule to child molestation, I realized that these accounts of protecting child molesters were true. To not call the police EVERY time a child states they have been abused is wrong. And then to just ask the molester if he did it and take his word for it is crazy. Who is going to admit it. It has been shown that child molesters are usually not treatable and will continue to harm children.

I remember reading an account where all the Witnesses defended a witness in court against a parent whose child had been abused because there were not 2 witnesses. I could hardly stomach it. The police need to have the names of all the molesters that are on a file in Bethel. Also, I knew of a case of a child being molested at a convention and I saw them hush it up. They should have made an announcement so the parents could protect their childern. They only act when their reputation is in jeapordy, like the Bethel elder who was caught. They didn't need 2 witnesses then, did they? Swift action there.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    It takes only a minute or 2—please click and comment.

http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?p=79844#79844

Just checked back and there are several good comments over there (none from newbies on that forum). Very interesting. One of them linked to jwd too.

sKally--Nope, I've got nothing new, but thanks for keeping it in mind. I usually only have time to do my xjw stuff during my breaks at work, and I can't update my web site from here. I wish I could find someone to take the web site over. I haven't updated it in soooo long.

• rebel8
    rebel8

OMG listen to this quote from that forum link I pasted above:

A friend of mine was the one (or one of the ones) who called the cops on this guy. He was outside of the mall when he saw this guy walking towards him with his "member", fully erect, sticking out of his pants. My friend casually mentioned, "you're 'hanging out' there, man". The man gave it a shake, and responded, "yes, I am" and continued on his way. My friend then called the cops on his cell phone.
    Creepy guy, hopefully he's learned to keep "it" to himself.

Not that you can believe everything you read, but still!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Am I the only person on jwd who is interested in this story or what?)

• Scully
    Scully
    A friend of mine was the one (or one of the ones) who called the cops on this guy. He was outside of the mall when he saw this guy walking towards him with his "member", fully erect, sticking out of his pants. My friend casually mentioned, "you're 'hanging out' there, man". The man gave it a shake, and responded, "yes, I am" and continued on his way. My friend then called the cops on his cell phone.
    Creepy guy, hopefully he's learned to keep "it" to himself.

If this is what actually happened, I wonder if Cairns told the congregation elders that "it was an accident, it won't happen again".

Yep, there's someone who is definitely "irreprehensible". And absolutely this is a sign that "he should have a fine testimony from people on the outside, in order that he might not fall into reproach and a snare of the Devil." (1Timothy 3:2, 7)

• rebel8
    rebel8

Perhaps this is how it really happened:

My friend casually mentioned, "you're 'hanging out' there, man". The man gave it a shake, and responded, "Yes, I am, but I'm repentant, so it doesn't count."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit