What was the announcement????

by jrjr4189 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Moomin
    Moomin

Can you source this so that the people who actually care about this can prod that poster about it?

Ok, it was Arthur

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

What!!! A poster here is a friend of a governing body member? Well why didn't Jehovah tell his spirit anointed servant that he was dealing with a dangerous apostate?!?

I'm shocked...

As for the new announcement... I would love to know what it is! It's cool having an advanced knowledge of things you shouldn't know about.

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

I joined this forum many years ago just to find out about a 'special announcement'. It took a while, but slowly and surely, it dawned on me what the announcements were ALWAYS about... You can read my views in a previous post of mine... "Why I joined this forum" http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/116839/1.ashx

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

I just had a wicked thought.... What if we apostates made a pamphlet with information about the new anouncement and started passing them out as if we are trying to correct the society. And then about a month later the orginization will come out with their 'new light' and will look like they were accepting advice from us. Then the witnesses who acctualy read the pamphlet will think 'Hey they were right!!!'

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Well, then the announcment must not be this week - or else it is not intended to be simultaneous. Maybe Sunday is the day for it?

I can sum it up without ever hearing it:

Preach more [sell more books and mags], make sure you report it, watch world events that are showing how near we are to the end, rely on the Governing Body, make all the meetings, contribute as you can to support 'Kingdom activity. The end is near!

That should about cover it - or essense.

Too bad we couldn't see a copy of it before the dubs here it though - wouldn't it be fun to put one on the windshield of every car at the KH a week before it is announced? That would kill the elder's joy, huh?

Jeff

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

Maybe I'll go to the meeting sunday to hear it, and see the look on the peoples faces

• Tyrion
    Tyrion

Just out of curiousity, how reliable is this information that there's gonna be an announcement at all?

• choosing life
    choosing life

An elder called me just to see how I am. All he could talk about was this stupid tract about false religion's destruction. He was so excited about it. I fear the "big announcement" is something about the tract work that they are doing. Much to do about nothing.

• Moomin
    Moomin

Just out of curiousity, how reliable is this information that there's gonna be an announcement at all?

I've no idea, just take it as it comes. I'm interested to know what it is if there is one but won't let it govern my thoughts.

• VM44
    VM44

The announcement is going to be what bookstudy is to clean the hall next Sunday. --VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit