Couple's faith tested

by Dogpatch 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Ahhh...the soothing warmth of seeing the WTS Christians applying the principle of doing to other what they would want done to them.....

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I think I know this family.

I helped on the Gorleston quick build, in the Joinery team, in the mid-80s.

It's awful to see another family torn apart

• Anitar
    Anitar

Mike: You're right on the nose. The sad thing is that they find nothing wrong with this. I don't know who I feel more pity for. The witness who honestly believes that shunning is a loving and biblical practice, or the witness who sees the truth and is forced to do it anyway.

Will they ever learn that the real world doesn't work this way?

Anitar

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

The rank and file, the twisted elders and the whole WTB&TS sure do piss me off because of their hate and lack of love!

• silversurfer1
    silversurfer1

Anitar: mcsemike is right on. they do read "their" bible. they better.

mcsemike: In all my years as an elder, I observed that most elders did not make shepherding calls and was even more reluctant to find those "lost sheep". Often, when assignments where given to the body of elders to make their yearly visit to show Jehovahs awesome mercy to these "lost sheep", they would never fulfill their assignments. Maybe the visit of the C.O. may frieghten them occassionally (depending on the timing of the visit) into action.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Mr Gibbons said: “The elders could have helped resolve the situation, but I believe they wanted me out because I was outspoken and this was an opportunity to remove me.

There was a time when I would have dismissed that comment , but now ? - Well I have seen it happen before...

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

To Silversurfer1: You made a good point. I was a MS for years and a book study conductor although there were elders without book studies. They were grooming me for elder, then maybe CO because our "sister" cong. that shared the hall had a couple just the same age as my wife and I and also childless (I later had a daughter who was raped by a JW, but that's another story. See SL and read MAN.) He and his wife went into the circuit work. (I always wished they meant that literally. As in "put your finger in the socket and do us all a favor.")

They took me on "shepherding calls", but they usually were on PIONEERS. Can you imagine? They called on the popular and strong ones to keep them "on the job". The inactive rarely got called on. I stopped saying, after each book study ended each week, "Let's not forget to call anyone who wasn't here tonight, please." Yeah, right. Rush home, kick off the shoes, off with the suits, and TV here we come!

Some CO's were tough, or thought they were. We had one named Conte, an Italian (so am I, so no complaints). He urged people on with "I could be in Florida, retired right now. But I'm here serving YOU and Jehovah." I thought, "hey, get the hell out of NJ and go to FL." What a grouch. I now LIVE in Florida and I HATE it. It's a damn swamp. But this is the kind of man they hold up to us as an example. I'll never understand it.

This is not a cheerful night, I just got into another battle with the nearly ex-wife. TO ALL SINGLE PEOPLE!!!! "THINK TWICE!!!! AND THEN DON'T DO IT!!!!"

end of line.

• silversurfer1
    silversurfer1

mcsemike: That comment about the finger in the socket got a really good laugh out of me. Thanks! What area of Jersey where you in? I worked at the Turnersville Assembly Hall when it was under constrruction a few years ago. I was a helper with a small electrical crew from Baltimore. Had a friend I use to spend time with from a little town called Atco. I live in Jacksonville Fl. now. WHat area do you live in here in FLorida?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Damn pity - when a religion can call such hatred, love, and then sell it to the entire group. And they try and say it isn't a cult. Pshaw!

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit