faithful discreet slave and governing body, who's who?

by BlackSwan of Memphis 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Ok, first of all. I just received a letter from my sister in Kansas.

She was from my dad's first marriage. Non jw. We only talk every so often, and so I'm writing her a letter filling her in on what's going on.

I come to a part in my letter where I'm explaining the teaching of the faithful servent.

So now I'm confused.

Is the teaching that the 144,000 is the FDS?

OR

Is it the annointed on the Governing Body that are the FDS?

(looking back at these teachings, I can't help but wonder how I believed this, because now it all seems so confusing!)

Thx

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

The FDS is the Governing Booty. I remember this b/c everytime we'd get a new book or an ''exciting'' magazine article, my mom would go on and on...''OH LOOKIE!!!! The FDS is sending us new yummy food!!!''

~luv, jojo

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

The FDS are made up of the "144,000 of anointed" of which each GB member is a part of.

Dismembered

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

The FDS is the Governing Booty. I remember this b/c everytime we'd get a new book or an ''exciting'' magazine article, my mom would go on and on...''OH LOOKIE!!!! The FDS is sending us new yummy food!!!''

~luv, jojo

The FDS are made up of the "144,000 of anointed" of which each GB member is a part of.

Dismembered

Awww crap, now I'm more confused. You know, this was something that bothered me. IF the 144,000 are the fds, then why don't they get an equal say in what happens?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The fds is the anointed remnant of the 144000 still alive (a number which never seems to change these days). The gb are part of the remnant.

Not that I believe any of the above, but jws do.

check this out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithful_and_Discreet_Slave

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Oh my gosh, this is actually in wikipedia?!

Thx for the link!

(oh btw Dismembered and Jojo THANK YOU! I totally sounded unthankful, thanks so much for helping!!!)

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

The FDS is supposed to be all the living anointed, collectively (i.e. about 8,000 Memorial partakers now, although the WT strongly suggests that many of them are not really anointed).

The Governing Body is supposed to represent the entire FDS "class" (without any consultation policy).

• greendawn
    greendawn

Due to the WTS being a devious organisation there is some confusion about the two. In theory the FDS is made up of the entire body of the anointed or at least the genuine anointed but in practice the FDS is the GB or whoever happened to rule the org according to American corporate law, before the GB received power in the mid 1970's it was the presidents and their inner circle that made up the FDS.

The claim of the GB to be nothing but the humble spokesman of the FDS is a preposterous lie since they neither take them into account nor tolerate any criticism from them. All doctrinal and teaching authority is vested in the GB not the FDS.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    In theory the FDS is made up of the entire body of the anointed or at least the genuine anointed

One of the problems this concept is that half of those claiming to be annointed are women. There is no room in the organization for women to have a leadership role. Even those of the annointed.

So how does the society reconcile this difficulty. I heard one CO describe say that they take the lead by being submissive to the elders.

I could never figure that one out.

• J.J.
    J.J.

My question is, who owns the real estate? Are any of the governing body members related to Russel? And who elects the governing body?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit