Keep ears and eyes open: Possible announcement this Wednesday

by truthseeker 76 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

No hype - no rumor please.

Anyone who still goes to the hall might hear something during the announcements. I will be going myself and will be sure to report back what is said, if anything.

From channelc.

http://www.channelc.org/cgi-bin/eboard30/index.cgi

Watchtower announcement on Wednesday

Has anyone considered that if there really WAS a big announcement, it wouldn't necessarily come in the pages of the Kingdom Ministry. Policy changes of the organization are often verbal, as many elders here will attest to during the Kingdom Ministry schools.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I just love Announcements about announcements.We should have at least 2 more announcements about the announcement before we have the actuall announcement..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Outlaw, appreciate the humor!

Things do happen.

Someone said that an article on blood would appear in the Nov KM, before anyone got it - guess what? A few days later, scans of the KM show the article. So, it could be the same with any forthcoming annoucement.

It's only a couple of days till Wed evening. I for one am keeping an open mind, remembering that someone here said the "announcement would hurt."

All of us here have been forewarned for months about an annoucment during either September or October. As far as I'm concerned, there are 29 days left of this month for something to happen.

Don't forget too, that they have more than likely just held their Annual Meeting.

• chiddy
    chiddy

but why Wednesday, surely Tuesday or Thursday?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - it only matters on what day you have your service meeting.

• blondie
    blondie

I understand that the previous Organized book was released at a service meeting (many thought the end was close).

Wasn't the change in the donation arrangement in 1990 announced at a service meeting as well?

Blondie

• JH
    JH
    "announcement would hurt."

Hurt them or us?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Yes Blondie, both changes were announced at the hall I think.

I definitely remember a long drawn out announcement about the literature going to a donation basis.

There is more chance of a BIG announcment happening than the Society getting the date of Armaggedon right.

Like I said, I'll be going to the Service meeting this week, if I hear anything you will be the first to know, unless someone beats me to it.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

JH - "Us"

Let me see if I can find the post.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thanks TruthSeeker..The truth is,I just don`t expect anything big to be announced..It`s usually same old same old..In my experience the announcement about the announcement,is bigger than the announcement..Crazy Eyes..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit