Radiation update

by confusedjw 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

A few folks have kindly asked how I've been doing so I thought I'd post a short update. (I had throat cancer this summer)

As for me I've been out of radiation for about 5 weeks now. My throat is still sore and my taste buds are not working very well and I now have three

They are going to check me every two months for the next 3 years to watch closely for a re-occurrence. If they find anything funny they will go with head and neck CT scans.

I would get treated at about 3:30 each week day, come home, sleep, get up and be around then go to bed on the couch for the night. I was gagging so much from the dying saliva gland that I would sleep on the couch so my wife could sleep.

Due to missing part of the afternoon I would work most weekends to keep up with what I had to do at work, but some Saturday's I would just sleep all day.

I just don't have the energy I did have. Working on the house yesterday was a real chore.

Thank you so much for the positive thoughts and the Tuesday Vigils. It really did help knowing that folks were thinking of me. Some days (especially the first 2 weeks after the news) were pretty rough emotionally.

Cheers
    ConfusedJW

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Confused,

You sound a little like myself, only whereas you had radiation treatment I had chemo.

It isn't easy and, as you say, it can be emotional at times. Things WILL get better for you, though, and your old energy will return. Keep fighting!

Best wishes,

Ian

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Hoping for the best for you. My Grandson had a knot on side of his neck. Turned out to be cancer. He is taking chemo. Are you still a JW? You have a long road ahead of you but don't give up.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Things seem to be getting better after your therapy I wish you all the best and that the problem has already gone.

• serendipity
    serendipity

((( confused ))) hope you're feeling better.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

(((((confusedjw)))))

Thanks for the update, I was wondering about you. Hang in there it will all be behind you soon and life will seem much sweeter for the hassle.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Thanks for the update Confused

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

thanks for letting us know. I've been wondering how things were going for you and your family.

(((confusedjw)))))

we're all thinking of you and sending strength to you

-freedomlover

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Thanks for the update CJW! Keep on kickin' butt, even though you have to take ten minutes to do it lift your leg to do it! LOL!

Sorry about our Red Sox.....I get teased by everyone here but my hubby.....(who's the OTHER Bosox fan on the planet!) I wish you and I could have kicked THEIR butts this season!

Just wanted you to know I've been thinking about you....

hugs,

Annie

• Annie Over
    Annie Over

I'm praying for you C-JW

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit