garybuss

by evita 35 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

Blondie, you wrote: "The Busselmans are an awesome couple too."I see you still haven't got that double vision corrected Blondie:-)

Thanks everybody! And just last week I was wondering if anybody ever read my posts:-)

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

ive been on this board over 2 years and this is the first "he/shes so great "thread ive participated on

You defo get my thumbs up Garybuss(not that you need my approval!)

• Velta
    Velta

Hi Gary,

I'm new here, but I think a sense of humor is one of the most important traits a human can have, esp. if he is or was a JW. You can die if you take yourself too seriously. I am looking forward to being part of this group.

Velta

• willyloman
    willyloman

Just wanna second the motion concerning Gary's brilliant "Okies" saga. I was a lurking elder, a long way from dropping out of the dubs (or so thought) when I discovered his series on freeminds.org about four or five years ago. Not everybody appreciates or even "gets" satire but I do and I read every single installment over several days, laughing out loud the entire time.

When I was finished, my mind was in a different place - I'd had a paradigm shift and could never look at "the truth" the same way again.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

Yeah, Garybuss is pretty funny. Arthur, I had to repost this because it's classic.

When a psychologist asks why you are feeling bad a Witness has two choices, they can tell him, or they can say: "I'm not gonna tell ya." They tend to tell the psychologist according to Jerry Bergman. Jerry wrote a good book on the subject, I recommend it.

When I tell a psychologist I'm feeling bad because a snake talked to a naked woman and God owns a book printing business and uses dead people to talk and the seven trumpets of Revelation were the seven Jehovah's Witness District assemblies from 1922 to 1928, starting with Cedar Point, Ohio and ending with Detroit, Michigan and I'm glad that 6 billion people are gonna be murdered by God soon . . . he sits back in his chair.

Then I tell him my parents shun me and my son shuns me and I shun the dog, and I really like being in Kingdom Halls without windows, and in the new world I'm gonna pet a lion.
    If he didn't think I'm crazy when I came in, he thinks it now.

• looseend
    looseend

that was classic

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Wow, I learn something new every day! Now I know who authored the 'Armageddon Okies' saga that had me laughing to the point of tears the first time I read them..

'Garybuss' was the first JWD member to respond to my first post, & the first to answer a PM I sent. Though I am unable to get on here nearly as often as I would like, I have enjoyed & benefited from each of his posts that I have had the privilege to read...& I look forward to more of the same.

Thanks, Gary, & please keep it up. You are truly a blessing to this forum

DR

• bebu
    bebu

Gary, your buss-isms make me think of Roy Rogers.

And here is another sharp piece if you haven't seen it earlier:

http://freeminds.org/buss/truth.htm

bebu

• garybuss
    garybuss

Velta, Welcome to the forum. I was interested to read you were at an 8 day New York convention. I was there in 1958. I still have the wood seat slat marks on my ass.

Bebu, Roy Rogers was the one that had a horse he called "Trigger", Will Rogers had a rope he called "That Limp Rope". Roy Rogers had two guns and shot people, Will Rogers killed them with words. :-)

Welcome to all the newcomers. You're important to me. Thanks to all for the feedback. I never guessed that psychology post even got read. Nancy and I met Jerry Bregman and his wife and spent an evening with them. Jerry helped me smooth out some bumps in my life. I'm forever grateful to him. Jerry introduced me to Randy Watters before the Freeminds web site, and before I even had a modern computer. Randy helped me get on the Internet in 1995 and then he let me write articles and help build the Freeminds web site. I'm very grateful.

When ex-Witnesses of my type meet on line or in person, we have a natural bond. It's a great treatment for me for the loneliness that goes with exiting a high control group. It's not the belief in the doctrines that drive so many back to association with the group, it's loneliness.

I believe if I can treat the loneliness, I can get far enough in recovery to begin challenging my core beliefs and replacing those that are flawed. Once I can get through a whole day operating on rational beliefs only, I have relief and peace. Once I have relief and peace, I can move into acceptance, and once I'm into acceptance, I can visit my goal . . . indifference.

• alamb
    alamb

And not only are his insights and posting brilliant, he has a heart of gold and never fails to pick me up when things get dark, as he does for many others through e-mails, etc. He always has a note that makes me laugh and gets me through. I'm glad to know you Gary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit