garybuss

by evita 35 Replies latest jw friends

• evita
    evita

garybuss Your sense of humor makes my day! Thanks for showing up here to provide insight and comic relief. Eva

• garybuss
    garybuss

Eva, Your thanks makes my day. Thanks for your thanks:-)

Truth is . . . I can't be different.

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

Waving to garybuss.....

I think you're awesome too!

-freedomlover
    (of the garybuss fan club)

• banished1
    banished1

So true Evita! Thankyou Garybuss!

• defective light
    defective light

Gary B....

Gotta say ditto.......

Sometimes " The truth hurts " .....but from your perspective ...It's only from laughing!!!

Keep it up......

• grey matters
    grey matters

My favorite Gary Buss-ism (so far):

"That's the great thing about delusions... anything's possible."

• Arthur
    Arthur

One of the funniest posts that I have ever read on this site was written by garybuss. The thread was about JWs and mental health. The basic thrust of the discussion was why JWs are afraid to tell mental health professionals about their beliefs. Here's what Gary wrote:

When a psychologist asks why you are feeling bad a Witness has two choices, they can tell him, or they can say: "I'm not gonna tell ya." They tend to tell the psychologist according to Jerry Bergman. Jerry wrote a good book on the subject, I recommend it.

When I tell a psychologist I'm feeling bad because a snake talked to a naked woman and God owns a book printing business and uses dead people to talk and the seven trumpets of Revelation were the seven Jehovah's Witness District assemblies from 1922 to 1928, starting with Cedar Point, Ohio and ending with Detroit, Michigan and I'm glad that 6 billion people are gonna be murdered by God soon . . . he sits back in his chair.

Then I tell him my parents shun me and my son shuns me and I shun the dog, and I really like being in Kingdom Halls without windows, and in the new world I'm gonna pet a lion.
    If he didn't think I'm crazy when I came in, he thinks it now.

When I read this, I just couldn't stop laughing. Way to go Gary!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    grey matters: My favorite Gary Buss-ism (so far)

Glad to see you tacked on the "so far" because I have a feeling we have many more years worth of more of these gems to sift out of his writing here.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Was it garybuss that said because of Adam and Eves sin he has weeds in his yard?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Though the JWs gave him a lot of hussle in his life through his family he always deals with them with a great sense of humour.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit