What ever happened to homosexual GB member Leo Greeenlees, is he dead now?

by chiddy 54 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was trying to do research in the WT for former GB members. While I could find Ray Franz resignation and several death notices, Greenless just disappeared. There is no mention of a death, resignation. It's like he were still there at Bethel to this day, but they forget to list him. There must be something to his being FORCED out, or else they would mention it.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    the Governing Body itself tried Greenlees and found him repentant

found him my arse ... more like they "forced repentance" ... gotta protect the image

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I had friends at bethel that said when they announced Greenlees no longer being on the GB that Sydlick told the Bethel family that any inquirey as to why he left bethel would not be welcome.

• greendawn
    greendawn

There are obviously double standards in the org, Greenless kept substantial previliges while a R&F member would lose them for much lesser "misdeeds", I suppose if the news hadn't gone out they would have hushed up the whole issue.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    There are obviously double standards in the org, Greenless kept substantial previliges while a R&F member would lose them for much lesser "misdeeds",

They are doing their best to balance this. Many, many elders (not just GB or CO and DO anymore) are able to keep their privileges now, for things that lower rank-and-file would be DF'ed or reproved for.

• TheListener
    TheListener

My two cents:

1. Wasn't there a WT article not long after Greenlees and Chitty left the GB about homosexuality and other sins? Wasn't it mentioned in that article that sometimes even those with heaps of responsibilities fall victim to serious sin?

2. I believe it was Chitty who had his life story in the WT. If so, I remember reading it at the behest of some on this board. The life story did lend itself to viewing him as homosexual - not that there's anything wrong with that.

my two cents.

• deeskis
    deeskis

Whatever the circumstances, there has definately been a cover-up. whether it be because of Greenlees being a paedophile, or because of being outed for being a Franz sympathiser...........

something still "stinks in the state of Rome"

• AlanF
    AlanF

What-A-Coincidence said:

: found him my arse ... more like they "forced repentance" ... gotta protect the image

Exactly my take on it.

I'm sure that Greenlees knew where a lot of skeletons were buried. Whether this was explicitly acknowledged during the GB's judicial proceedings against him or not, they all knew it and would have slanted their judgments accordingly. That Ray Franz had recently blown the whistle on a lot of organizational shenanigans was fresh in their minds.

AlanF

• timetochange
    timetochange

This is my first post and the comment below generated it.

"I asked Alan in that thread if he had spoken to Ray Franz about it, (in COC Ray seemed to mention untrue rumours about something like this) Alan said that Ray was in denial over it.........I know according to COC, Greenlees was sympathetic to Ray, but considering everything Ray Franz has been through why would he be in denial over this............"

I think it's rather arrogant for someone to say Ray Franz is in denial over something that he most likely would know more about than anyone outside of Bethel. How about Ray Franz has a difference of opinion? To say he is in denial is to remove any respect for his opinion, which being contrary to the posters claim must be dismissed and discounted as "in denial" in order to prove their point. Since when has stomping on the head of someone like Ray Franz to prove a point become acceptable?

Angry

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Having seen many of AlanF's posts here, I dare to pose that he he did not intend to 'stomp on someone's head.'

I rather suspect that his wording could have been better expressed as his opinion that this was the case, though I hesitate to put words in AlanF's mouth.

BTW - welcome to the forum timetochange. Interesting first post.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit