by JW83 14 Replies latest jw friends

• JW83
    JW83

Check this out, an online discussion with some deluded witnesses:

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/forums/showthread.php?t=42424&page=6

• JW83
    JW83

Here is a sample:

I just wanted to say that Anna's mum, I'm sorry that you found being a JW restrictive and painful experience for you. But I have been a JW since age 2...and although there have been times I felt a bit smothered I have always come back. I fully belive the teachings of the bible, if I dont belive in something that has been taught I will research it myself in the bible to make sure, and so far, I have never found anything that didnt add up. I'm sorry that you had such a rotten time, as it sounds like you did, but you cant say that everyone is bad because a few people were harsh.

Its like saying that all men are murderers because 1% are.......

I agree that it is not enouraged to have friends outside of the religion, as it can cause hardship on both because of different faiths. But if you do have friends of different faiths you wont get into trouble for it either.

Are these people just fringe-dwellers, or do they really not get the sense of their own religion??!!!

• Arthur
    Arthur

Reading these infantile dialogues is very painful to the cranium. Every time I try to read these quotes lifted off of pro-JW sites, I feel like I am giving myself a mental Charlie Horse.

It's like listening to two drug addicts talking to each other, convincing themselves; and each other that they don't have a problem. Sometimes, it's amusing. Sometimes though, it's just sad.

• JW83
    JW83

It's actually off a website where mums discuss babies - someone asked why JWs don't celebrate birthdays, some JWs answered, then I thought I'd jump in & cause a scene

• Arthur
    Arthur
    some JWs answered, then I thought I'd jump in & cause a scene

I love it. LOL Next thing you know, a talk at the next assembly is going to warn sisters about visiting "mothering websites" for their possible apostate elements.

• JW83
    JW83

I hope so, they all seemed to be in denial that JWs are restrictive at all

• nelly136
    nelly136
    He currently works with us 2 days a week in which he happens to make all his appointments on so he may as well not come in at all. He told us he didn want to be put on the payroll as he is meant to be retired.

So we pay him cash in hand

funny thread, so he harrasses with his preaching, doesnt like swearing but isnt adverse to a little tax evasion?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

You wouldn't even have to think about which religion this guy is talking about

The guy i work with that has made me question this tries to push his relgion on to us and it gets under my nerves. I can't swear or curse even when something really bad has happened and if i do swear hecomes over and sits there ridicules me for it.

If it were me I'd tell him to mind his own business, I don't play by his rules.

Thanks for that JW83

• zagor
    zagor
    Its like saying that all men are murderers because 1% are.......

What a great admission, so finally she realises that most of those "evil worldly people", or precisely 99% of them are good and decent!

• fokyc
    fokyc

What a load of rubbish, this bit is typical:

"You also have to remember that alot of the older generation are steriotypical anyway regardless of religion, as the new genereation of elders come in they show more compassion and kindness."

In fact there is far less compassion, sympathy, empathy and kindness shown by the younger geneation of JW Elders than ever before.

fokyc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit