Does Good Sex Make Lasting Marriages

by love2Bworldly 28 Replies latest jw friends

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Question to those of you out there who have managed to stay happily married (since I can't seem to pick the right partner)--

How important is intimacy to your relationship? I had a boyfriend that I had wonderful fireworks in the bedroom and I was madly in love with him. I have been married to someone that I'm not crazy in love with and who has intimacy issues, both physically and emotionally.

My questions is, does good sex change the way you feel toward your partner?

• Sirona
    Sirona

Intimacy is important and is part and parcel of a successful relationship/marriage but its not the most important factor. You can have good sex with pretty much anyone but if other aspects arent there then chances are the relationship will fail.

DB74 (sorry using Sirona's PC)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Good sex will certainly help you put up with more crap in a relationship. It will also enhance a good relationship. But even in a good relationship, there are times when there will less or no sex for whatever reason. Then it's the other facets of your relationship that will make the relationship last. That is, if you have lots of good facets and things in common, etc. Good sex will not save a bad marriage. I know from my first divorce.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Sex is an important ingredient in marriage, but if other important ingredients are not there, good sex won't be enough to make it work.

W

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Intimacy is important and is part and parcel of a successful relationship/marriage but its not the most important factor. You can have good sex with pretty much anyone but if other aspects arent there then chances are the relationship will fail.

DB74 (sorry using Sirona's PC)

I second that lol DB74

• carla
    carla

DB74 (sorry using Sirona's PC)--good thing you clarified! I was just going to ask if you were really a guy. (because of this part- You can have good sex with pretty much anyone)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Intimacy and sex are two different things.

Many people can have great sex even with total strangers. But there is no intimacy.

Intimacy requires good communication with your partner in all areas of your life. The more you know about each other the better chance that will include sexual intimacy. But generally if the rest of the marriage is difficult then a person might not be too anxious to get between the sheets.

I think this goes the other way around. How you feel towards the other person and good communication and intimacy will improve the sex.

If you haven't looked at this topic yet you might find it interesting

S-E-X for ex-jw couples........(is that an oxymoron?)

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I wouldn't know that answer. Both being bad are bound to contribute to an end, I feel.

But I can say this--As much as I LOVE sex, I would rather have a good relationship (not married per se) with bad sex than the opposite. It'd be great if both were good, though.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Good sex can not do any harm - in early stages of marriage VERY Important. Lasting relationships require a lot mmore than good sex

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    Intimacy and sex are two different things.

There could be no truer statement!

When my husband and I were going through a difficult time, there was no intimacy, but there was sex.

Intimacy requires good communication with your partner in all areas of your life.

This is what eventually led to our problems. A lack of communication.

In my case it didn't. The sex was good, but I still didn't like him at the time (sounds strange I know). I also didn't like myself either. Especially after the sex.

It wasn't until we were able to break through the communication barrier that we were able to reestablish the intimacy aspect of our relationship. Without those two things we had no relationship. We were to strangers living in the same house.

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit