Does Good Sex Make Lasting Marriages

by love2Bworldly 28 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Yes I suppose that's true, work, kids,cleaning, taking care of a yard, take thier toll on our sex life. Maybe that is part of the problem, letting too many things get in the way from having great sex often.

Frankie, from the things you say about your relationship on the forum here, it's possible that you and your partner may be a bit obsessed with sex. Sex can be a wonderful part of life, but when you carry it to the point that it matters too much and you're doing things like swinging, it may be a little too important. Especially if kids are living in your home. Kids are not stupid, they will figure out what's going on eventually.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's the emotional side of things that's the most important part in keeping a couple together in the long term, sex is of secondary importance and can't achieve much on its own.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

FLH,

We have no kids, one of her girlfriends has a young boy and we never do anything when he is around, she is very discreet. Any way we both appreciate variety in our life, my gf is more into long term relationships that become good friends and like sharing.

• Gill
    Gill

Mid life crisis, by any chance?

Don't worry! Love and intimacy are the secrets to a lasting marriage. If you're having trouble with your sex life, get a 'How To' book! But if you're suddenly getting frantic about sex, sounds like a mid life crisis. Don't worry! This too will pass!

• moshe
    moshe

I do know that sex three times a day can burn a guy out and ruin a marriage! Yes, some wives are that demanding . A certain percentage of women are just plain un-orgasmic and nothing a guy can do will fix that, unfortunately many women will fake good sex until after the wedding ceremony.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Making an observation, at this point, it seems that guys lean to 'good sex equals good marriage', whereas ladies say that it takes more than that, or even 'no'. Who has that venus to mars translator?

S

• ronin1
    ronin1

Read "Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus" by John Gray, PH.D.

Note: Need to read entire chapters= here are some exerpt topics:

Chapter 4 ' How to Motivate the oposite sex' -page 43: "men are motivated and empowered when they feel needed....Women are motivated and empowered when they feel cherished".

Chapter 10 ' Scoring Points With The Opposite Sex'-:

Little things make a big difference.

What a man needs

What a needs a women to accept

Redirecting energy and attention

When a man overworks

How a women can help

Healing the resentment flu

What she can do

What he can do

Ronin1

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Been reading this thread...good read. But...there is no way I am commenting here, my wife is Lady Liberty and my mother and father in law are also here. I don't like hanging myself, it's very hard to get out of the noose, any comments from me could only turn out bad. I'll refrain.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

any comments from me could only turn out bad. I'll refrain.

Dear... you crack me up!

I will answer for you.."It sure doesn't hurt it that's for sure!!"I belive it does make for a lasting marriage. We have been married for 21 years.. and happly at that!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit