Hate mail from jws

by dedpoet 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Thanks, Blondie. I, too, am looking for the link to your site, dedpoet.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

This is the article that has seemed to upset most of them, on child abuse within the jws. See what you think:

Jehovahs Witnesses and child abuse
    Child abuse is a blight on society, and most religions, including the Jehovahs Witnesses, have their own problems in that area. However, it is the way those problems are usually handled that makes the Witnesses differrent from most other faiths. There is no doubt that child abuse is a crime, and should be reported to the relevant authorities when discovered. The Witnesses don't quite see it this way, however. They prefer to allow the congregation elders handle these matters. Now, the Witnesses take the Bible literally, include several verses that say there must be at least two witnesses to every act of wrongdoing, or the matter cannot be established, even in serious cases like child abuse. Very few abusers wait around for witnesses when they are about to rape a 4 or 5 year old child, so if they are Witnesses, and the elders get to hear about their alleged conduct, a simple denial will suffice to have the matter taken no further. The police are not informed, and the abuser is free to continue molesting children. One former Witness described the organisation as a "paedophile paradise", and there is plenty of well - documented evidence to back up his allegation. A few years ago, it was revealed that, at the world HQ of Jehovahs Witnesses in Brooklyn, New York, there existed a database containing the names of 23,720 Witnesses who were alleged child abusers, very few of whom had been reported to the police, and only a tiny minority who had been reported by the elders. All too often, it is the abuse victims who do the reporting, and they are then usually disfellowshipped, or expelled, from the congregation rather than being offerred any kind of support. Wives who complained about their husbands have been told to "pray more, and be a better wife" to stop the abuse. Clearly, whatever their scriptural reasoning is, the Jehovahs Witnesses policy on child abuse is WRONG. It is seemingly designed to shield the abuser and persecute the victim, when any decent person would expect it to be the other way around. Maybe, as pressure grows on the church, particularly in the USA, this policy will be reviewed, but if the Witnesses track record on admitting their mistakes is anything to go by, that is unlikely. In the meantime, let us all be aware of the kind of people that may be visiting our homes. Some of them could have a less - than pure motive for being there.
    They weren't too happy with the "paedophile paradise" quote, but as far as I am concerned, if the cap fits.....

dedpoet

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Hi blondie and kenneson,

It's part of the local Beehive network, many areas of the UK have them set up. If you look or searh for "Derbyshire ex jws Forum" from the Beehive home page, you should be able to find it. Odd, that link ususally goes straight to my home page, but I tried it and it didn't, can't think why.

dedpoet

• jgnat
    jgnat

I can't find it either, dedpoet.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I've found that when a believing Witness first makes contact with me, they will almost always take the profile that they are there to reprove and admonish. That's safe for them. Their biggest fear is that everything is a trap and they will be getting caught and having to explain to the elders why they were associating with a known apostate.

If they first make contact in a critical tone, they are comfortable in being able to tell the elders that they were there to reprove and admonish.

I had to accept that many believing Witnesses of the type that would ever be interested in anything I had to say, are extremely paranoid and very superstitious. When they contact me, they're out of their element feeling very out of control, so I let them stay in control.

I had one snail mail and email me with rebukes for a month before he asked me the first question. I replied to each rebuke with calm kindness and in each of my replies I sent him a weather report. After several months he asked me if I wanted his books and CD and I went and met him and his wife and had coffee and home made cake. They had both disassociated the week before.

I get nice and nasty emails and Randy posted quite a few of those on Freeminds.org
    http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htmI was entertained by the telephone answering machine messages threatening me and insulting me. If anybody thinks the Witness people aren't mean and nasty, just run some newspaper ads using your real name and phone number:-)

• Woofer
    Woofer

I bet you are sowing the seeds of doubt for some who wrote you hate mail. They will "investigate" further and find out you are telling the truth.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I'm sorry everyone seems to be having trouble finding my site. I have emailed the Beehive network to see if there's a problem. The link I posted used to work for me, but I am just getting the general homepage from it now.

dedpoet

• becca1
    becca1

Dear Dadpoet: Don't reply in kind. Show them that you are above their hostile and unchristian ways.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet
    Don't reply in kind

Hi Becca,

I have no intention of replying to any of their hate mail. I've had a few more since I posted this, all with the same vitriolic content. I imagine these imbeciles might carry on sending me their crap for a few days, and when they get no response from me, will probably move on. I don't consider any of them worth the trouble of a reply anyway, though some of the language contained in the mails is quite colourful for jws, there's a few words in there that I don't use. I will probably copy them on to a Word document and see if I want to do anything with them in a day or two, or maybe just delete them, I'll see. I am more amused than upset by the crap they're sending me.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Are there any laws against hate speech in the UK?

You could also print the emails out and send them to the local cong. PO's, CO's and Bethel office in the UK, asking them if this is the way JWs are supposed to behave (i.e. reading an 'apostate' site and sending reviling emails).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit