S-E-X for ex-jw couples........(is that an oxymoron?)

by Juniper 39 Replies latest members adult

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Try going back to having Jehovah and the angels watching you. I recommend Charlie's, btw, but if Michael and Gabriel work better for you...;)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I've been following the thread and had an idea sort of based on Juniper's first comment about seeing the brother giving the talk thing and seeing the pioneer thing.

JWs take life too seriously. The WTS has drummed all joy out of their lives (so much for being a "happy" people)

Sometimes when images get stuck in our heads we need to take the seriousness out of it. A suggestion that even thinking about may break the WTS hold on those images and feel free to improvise

HE: Oh sister sister. I would love to......

SHE: Oh brother brother would you? could you?

HE: I know it's not allowed but oh... oh.... I would....., We could......

SHE: I would... We should...

Somehow I see this as one of those old movies before they had sound where he is saying YES YES YES and she is saying NO NO NO but the words get mixed up and it just gets silly and fun

Laughter makes good sex better

And if you are going to try this make sure you talk to your partner about it so they don't think you are laughing at them.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

One more thing about the book The Joy of Sex

There are actually 3 books in the series The Joy of Sex, More Joy of Sex and The New Joy of Sex

They cover issues of positions, mood enhancers, sex as we get older, sex for people with disabilities. The also have lots and lots of drawings. The books are filled with interesting and practical advice and are a great way to open up the discussion about sex and exploring new things together.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Its one area that I never felt was controlled by the WTS except perhaps with pre marital sex issue but even despite appearing before a JC for the one instance I admitted to, I didnt feel the attrocious guilt for any future encounters. When I got married, the bedroom was one area that the WTS had no jurisdiction, I think any inhibitions were a fruit of the relationship I was in and nothing to do with any WTS imposed bedroom policing.

Despite this however, now that I am out of the witnesses and more importantly mentally free (which I have to say is more recent), sex is just fantastic, its fulfilling, amazing, loving and its guilt free - what more could I wish for?

I am not sure about all, but I think many JWs might use the ministry and so called spiritual things as an excuse as for why they have lost interest in sex; my view is that if they had real sex to begin with, thats positive, fulfilling, adventurous etc, they might well find their outlook changing. For that JW couple it might well be they look at each other in a morning and say....'yeah lets go to the meeting but first.....'

Its such a shame that the WTS has such a hold over people in such a personal area.

DB74

• Brigid
    Brigid

Brigid to the tall goatied guy in glasses at bar (dragon shirt): "Hi"

Guy: "Hey"

Brigid: "come here often?"

hmmmm.....bedroom excitement between ex-jw couples......hmmmm

I think it is possible. Of course, your situation is different because you were together as jw's for so long. It will be challenging to separate that, I think. But it can be done as you both get to know your true selves without all the jw subterfuge. It could be like falling in love with someone new all over again.

• carla
    carla

I think Lady Lee should have a new avatar just for this thread-

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Carla

you really have me ROTFLMHO (rolling on the floor laughing my head off for those who haven't seen this before)

I guess those 4 Human Sexuality courses I took and the work I did with abuse survivors taught me a thing or two.

• My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW
    My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW
    I still see the elder giving a talk and he still sees the pioneer wife - and we all know.....there's nothing sexy about that!!!!!

OK hear me out.

Everyones knows the extra thrill of making out and more at your girl friends parents home when you are younger. The heat of the moment...knowing if her father walks in your dead....but you can't stop...its so bad, but its so good. They are upstairs watching TV 40 feet away and you are downstairs....

To truly get rid of these specific thoughts, i.e. boring JW's

I would grab a blanket....wait until a time of your choosing early or late......drive to a Kingdom Hall (any will do)...and either have hot monkey sex in the car, on the front doorstep, in the grass or all of the above. That should create a new memory association that you can both look back at and enjoy.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Trying anything illegal, like having sex in public, can get you arrested.

Thinking of these things and doing them are two entirely different things.

And while I have read an eyeful here about what people did before marriage, some JWs didn't dare. And the guilt of even thinking of them was enough to stop many.

The important thing is that you communicate with each other and be willing to try new things without feeling pressuring each other.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

WELCOME to the forum!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit