Going "Door to Door"..........

by whyamihere 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Aren't we in the spirit now of going door to door?

http://www.l-and-a.com.au/comm/addons/midi/song193.mid

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Aaaaaaaaggggghhhhh! I forgot but my ears remembered!

What was your favorite area to Preach the word of GWAD?!

Any area my parents couldn't observe me, such as when I went out in field service with a close friend (who remains a close friend today). We used to take the publications we were given, and throw them all out in the first trash can we found. Then we would tell our parents we placed everything.

I really resented the exploitation of children perpetrated by the Watchtower corporations. I hated field service with a passion; it was torturous to me. I found any and all excuses to avoid it. Finally, there came the day when I met someone I knew from school at a door. I was so humiliated I wanted to cry. That was the last straw for me; I told my parents I would never go out in service again, regardless of their threats of physical violence, divine retribution, etc.. Shortly thereafter, I stoppped attending meetings, and made my permanent exit from this organization.

Time slips? Is there any limit to their exploitation of the "great crowd" of pigeons they fleece?

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

too funny. I can feel the influence of Sah-tan here in Wisconsin. For example, silent has lived here in Madison for THREE years, and not seen a Watchtower or Awake. Then silent goes to Seoul, South Korea for a week, and gets informally witnessed to! ah well. now I know why. It's brooke's fault! :-p -silent

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

In rural areas, do one door before the service meeting to count time then drive at the other end of the territiory to count easy time.

• morty
    morty

OMG!!! I was trying to play this, and the boys ( my kids) were in the back ground listening and they were freaking out saying, "what the heck is that mom??" They were wanting to take it and make a rap version of it just to put a twist on it....I told them to go ahead and try it.... I am hoping I can some how put it up on the board once they are done with it....It sounds waaaay to funny and what I would pay big bucks for a Jw to come to the door right now and let them here their wonderful song being patronized by a mother and her children..... I am LMAO so bad right now, I am crying...

• choosing life
    choosing life

I am pretty much of an introvert, so forcing me to knock on stranger's doors was very traumatizing. I guess the easiest service was when you did tract work. Just had to hand them their "free copy" and leave. I can't believe I was a pioneer either. It really opened my eyes to some things. Pioneers are absolutely amazing at wasting time. They spend all day doing nothing. After a while, I realized I had things to do with my time and all I was accomplishing was impressing others in the hall. I certainly knew all the latest gossip, however, when I was pioneering.

• Woofer
    Woofer

RV's were my favorite - especially someone else's.

I had this one RV and the guy was really old and when I would go there he would invite me and my dad in and he would talk for an hour or more. One hour gone, one to go!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit