Going "Door to Door"..........

by whyamihere 17 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

When I was a teen going door to door, my "territory" was always the college area. My choosing because I loved going back to the places I was the night before. Think of it - the last time they seen me I was either doing a beer bong or teaching people to do a beer shot gun. Plus, I only wanted to save the hot guys in the area. I needed more options on who I had to marry....lol

I had to go out in service and I hated going out in the country with the grandparents. God the long drive, the endless hours of Nana gossiping and telling me I am a heathen. I swear if we were Catholic they would splash "Holy Water" on me every Sunday.

What was your favorite area to Preach the word of GWAD?!

Brookie

• mama1119
    mama1119

I myself liked the country. More driving meant less doors. I could realy only expect to get out once, and usually could work my way out of giving the presentation, just stand behind, so I could get a head start in case the householder had a gun.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Some days I would "cheat" and say I was going to Mission Beach in San Diego and do "street witnessing" with friends from the area. I would go play volleyball instead and just leave some mags on my dashboard. For some reason I thought I was still giving a witness to any people who walked by my truck and noticed the mags. Is that pathetic or what?

Otherwise, a few of us guys would love going out to the rural areas(on the dirt roads) because a couple of them had these jacked up 4x4's with competition level audio systems in them. We would bounce around on the back roads "looking" for houses (that weren't there) while letting the subs in the back crush out some 2LiveCrew.

Ah, good times.

• Zico
    Zico

I liked country territory! Driving or walking around for hours was an easier way to fill up those high pioneer hours!

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

When I believed in it and pioneered, I liked the rural territory. My wife & I had a large 4x4 vehicle, like Jourles mentioned. We'd have other couples join us and we had a good time driving in crazy places, laughing & talking. The houses were few & far between, and the people were more open to conversation. Even when I was full-fledged dub I enjoyed just talking to people about stuff, getting to know the person, y'know? Rural territory had a lot of older people that had a lot to say and I always enjoyed listening.

• Khrysanthemum
    Khrysanthemum
    What was your favorite area to Preach the word of GWAD?!

Going with my mom on her return visits. Everything else I hated with a passion...

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I liked going out in the country best as well - a half hour drive either way, and usually less people in when you got there.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Are you satans child? lol

I liked the country to, less doors, and I didnt talk to much! Well, I didnt "like it", but if I had to go, thats what I preferred. That, or standing on the street corner in chicago handing out tracts!

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Are you satans child? lol

I liked the country to, less doors, and I didnt talk to much! Well, I didnt "like it", but if I had to go, thats what I preferred. That, or standing on the street corner in chicago handing out tracts!

Why yes, I am Satan's Child! I came from a family of Caddy Prudes, so anything and everything I was raised not to do I did. Country was ok, but I always got stuck with dorks that wanted to procreate with me or my grandparents...so that's why I like going to the college area - no one liked that territory! Chicago service time was fun. I remember once I was at a door and there was a huge drug bust and I was in the middle of it...lol The sisters were screaming in the car "Oh Jehovah save us" - I just laughed and told them to sit down and shut up.

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

I liked going on other people's return visits in upscale neighborhoods. Partly because of the neat cars I would see ...& partly because mornings spent on RV's were usually shorter..

If I happened to be with someone who minded the heat, we would quit early & take our break at one of the nice coffeehouses in the vicinity

DR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit