HAPPINESS IS ....Giving us your MONEY!!!!!!!!

by Gill 38 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gill
    Gill

Happiness for the WTBTS is loadsa, loadsa money!!!!

November 1st Watchtower, 2006, page 21:

'Those who contributed to temple building rejoiced greatly. Today, giving support to true worship with our contributions likewise brings us happiness. (Acts 20:35). We experience that happiness when we place our contributions in the box designated for the Kingdom Hall Fund and when we contribute to the worldwide work, thus supporting other projects associated with the preaching of the good news of the kingdom. In a wonderful way, Jehovah's Witnesses today are united in true worship. May all of us be filled with the happiness that comes from supporting that worship!'

There then follows 'Ways In Which Some Choose to Give'

Contributions to the worldwide work

This is donations from congregations forwarded directly to Brooklyn.

Cheques should be made payable to 'Watchtower'

'Jewelry or other baluables may be donated as well. A brief letter statin that such items are an outright gift should accompany these contributions.

CONDITIONAL - DONATION TRUST ARRANGEMENT

This type can be returned.

CHARITABLE PLANNING

'In addition to outright gifts of meney, there are other methods of giving to benefit Kingdom service worldwide:

Insurance - Watchtower can be named as a beneficiary of life insurance policy or pension/retirement plan.

Bank Accounts : Bank accounts, certificate of deposit, or individual retirement accounts may be place in trust for or made payable on death to Watch Tower, in accord with local bank requirements.

Stocks and Bonds : Stocks and bonds may be donate to Watch Tower as an outright gift.

Real Estate : Salable real estate may be donated either by making an outright gift or, in the case of residential property, by reserving a life estate to the donor, who can continue to live therin during his or her lifetime. Contact the branch office in your country before deeding any real estate.

Gift Annuity : A gift annuity is an arrangement whereby one transfers money or secruities to a designated corportation that is used by Jehovah's Witnesses. In excahnge, the donor, or someone designated by the donor, receives a specified annuity payment every year for life. The donor receives an income tax deduction for the year in which the gift annuity is established.

Will and Trusts : Property or money may be bequeathed to Watch Tower by means of a legally executed will, or Watch Tower maybe named as a beneficiary of a trust agreement. A trust benefiting a religious organization may profive certain tax advantages.

As the term 'charitable planning' implies, these types of donations typically require some planning. To assist individuals desiring to benefit the world wide work of Jehovah's Witnesses through some form of charitable planning, a brochure has been prepared in English and Spanish entitled Charitable planning to Benefit Kingdom Serivce Worldwide. The brochure was written to provide information on a variety of way that gifts may be made either now or through a bequest at death. .....'

Well! There we have it. There then follows the address, yet again to sent all your money to! If you want to be happy of course.

My self, I find the whole thing a disgrace. I believe it was Russell who said that once the org had to start asking for money it no longer had God's backing. Well I think we can safely say 'They do NOT have God's backing!'

• Zico
    Zico

I wonder how the kids will feel if their parents decide to leave all their inheritance money to the Watch Tower.

• Gill
    Gill

Zico - The Society is multi talented at taking away people's futures by offering them an impossible lie.

You'll be happy if you give us your money.

But....No Education

No Good Well Paying Job

No inheritance from your parents.

JWs are screwed from beginning to end by the bOrg and they just sit there smiling repeating the mantra 'I'm Happy...I'm Happy....I'm Happy...'

What a load of bollards!!!

• greendawn
    greendawn

The crooks made a fortune out of members contributing even substantial properties or sums of money and by selling their publications without getting any wages for their effort. On the other hand they failed abysmally when it comes to Christian charitable works. Spending charitable money on preaching work is not a good excuse given the wealth they possess and that's not charity work anyway. Both should be undertaken.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has an article like this every year in the November (or December issue) of the WT; just in time for JWs to get in a donation for the tax season.

There is even a WT booklet that can help the JW and their financial advisor know what features the WTS has and the financial advantages.

There is a tax benefit....other organizations offer a similar one. I have one through my employer...deferred compensation.

Blondie

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

They have always been money - grabbers, all the time I associated they were always asking for money, then hypocritically slating other religions for passing the collection plate. They won't be grabbing any more of my money, that's for sure.

• Gill
    Gill

Blondie - Hi! Yes, I remember last year's article. It was the first time I'd noticed it. However, will it make you 'happy' to give the Watch Tower your money?

There's the carrot1 Your happiness depends on it.

• blondie
    blondie

I have never said it would make me happy to donate to the WTS anywhere on JWD; just reporting not supporting.

But if people do give their money to the WTS; the WTS is enticing them to give more because there are additional tax write-offs. That is why some JWs do donate this way.

I was just saying that this is not a new development and has been a standard article for many years. My experience is that many JWs are not very investment savvy or do not give their money to the WTS. This is based on the reports of family members who are accounts servants for up to 30 years.

Blondie

• Gill
    Gill

Sorry blondie! Not for one second did I say it would make you happy.

I was referring to the supporting article for the donation suggestions which linked 'happiness' with donating!

I don't think it would make you , me or anyone on this board happy to donate.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

Does anyone have know where I can get a scanned copy of this watchtower. I don't have a chance to get the magazines where I'm at right now.

If anyone out there could post it or know where it is, I would be eternally grateful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit