Crisis of Conscience Comments

by AuntieJane 22 Replies latest jw friends

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

I was raised as a JW. Son of an elder, and a was a publisher from about 8 years of age. I followed the rules. Got married to a pioneer, and slowly we started to notice things that bothered us. Ignored the tell tale signs untill we had to acknowledge that something was amiss. Take the time to find out for yourself.

We have just received our copy of C of C yesterday. I have only read about 20 pages. Mrs Smith has the first go at reading it, I will have to wait. But what I noted is that he is not bitter, just relaying the facts as it happened. He was the best example of what a JW should be. At that level of the borg you don't just turn 180 degrees and leave everything you knew for 60years behind! That is a serious move.

I think I am gonna like that book!

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Crisis of Conscience and the highly reccomended follow up "In Search of Christian Freedom" will help you to not feel guilty about not doing more for the WT. Makes you realize that you were slaving for a purely manmade institution period!

• greendawn
    greendawn

To judge correctly one has to hear both sides of the story. The WTS does not abide by that simple and fundamental principle. It is only dictatorial people that react in this way when challenged:

1. They get very angry and resentful.

2. They launch vicious personal attacks againt those raising a challenge against their authority and ideology.

3. They never address the issues raised by them.

Sounds like Hitler or Stalin.

• hopie
    hopie

Hello (Relative)
    I am happy to hear you are open minded enough to read some comments from people who have 
    valid reasons for leaving the JW organization. Please do not stop investagating.
    After 40 years a member, and my husband an elder for 15 years, we resigned in 1983. The reasons we
    left are outlined in my book "Going Undercover To Rescue My Daughter, From The Cult Of Jehovah's 
    Witnesses". by Nancy J. Sage
    Hopie
  • shera
    shera

Dear relative ,pay no mind to WTFBBQPWNT opinion of the book..lol It is a good read!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I was contacted by the jws just after finishing university at the age of 21, and was baptised in 1983, shortly before my 24th birthday. I became a pioneer in 1984 and stayed in full - time service until 1990, when ill - health forced me to quit, though I managed to auxilliary pioneer on a semi regular basis for a few years after that.

I was quite content in the jws until the last few years, when our congregation was rocked by a child abuse scandal that the elders tried to conceal, and started to have a few doubts. A long - time friend of mine, who had not attended for a while, disassociated himself last year, and the elders instructed everyone to shun him. I have always hated the shunning rule and, probably because I was having doubts myself by now, refused to comply with it. I was starting to be very irregular in my kh attendance, and received counsel for that and for refusing to shun my friend. I decided to further research the jw beliefs, and soon found that most of them have no scriptural basis. My friend lent me Crisis of Conscience at this time, and after reading that, I knew for certain that I had been duped and the jws did not have the truth. I disassociated from the org last November.

Linda

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings AgentSmith,

:But what I noted is that he is not bitter, just relaying the facts as it happened.

Same here. No axe to grind. Makes one wonder if stupid looking cock-eyed white birds, who make dogmatic remarks about it, even took the time to read it.

Dismembered

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Same here. No axe to grind. Makes one wonder if stupid looking cock-eyed white birds, who make dogmatic remarks about it, even took the time to read it.

..or maybe he did read it and is entitled to his opinion.

• Confession
    Confession

Auntie Jane,

Born 1966. Third generation of a now four-generation JW family. Elder at 29 years old and widely known throughout my area. Little "flashpoints" occurred for years, but I was great at dismissing them. The one that finally did me in was my investigation of the subject of confession. If you'd like to read my story, go here...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/96377/1.ashx

Best,

Confession

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

My wife and I left together January 2004. I had known nothing else but this religion since I was 5 yrs old. My wife was born into it. Combined, we represented perhaps 90 years of active acceptance of the beliefs and lifestyle of Jehovah's Witnesses. I served in many capacities within the organization, and I pioneered for several years just before we left.

We built our entire life and goals around this religion, raised our daughter within it, rejected all other religion and social aspects of life whilst we waited patiently on the "New System", and for Jehovah to fix the glaring wrongs that we saw within the organization.

In 1995 they dashed what we had preached about the '1914 Generation' to bits in 20 paragraphs in a single issue of the magazine. It took many years later before we dared confirm our doubts by reading Raymond Franz' books. Our eyes opened and the scales of indoctrination slowly fell away. Discovery of the unholy alliance between the United Nations and the Watchtower Society was the final straw that showed them to be what they are. We had to go.

This month I will be treated to a Judicial meeting in which I will surely be expelled for 'knowing what I know', and daring to speak of it to others.

I do not regret the years we spent there - but what is the point in staying within a religion that I have now fully acknowledged as having no claim to it's assertion of Divine Selection, having fully disproved the doctrine of 607/1914 by evidence that overwhelms.

I do hope you will read the book - objectively - and make a decision based on facts, not on assertions.

May God bless your efforts to do so.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit