Crisis of Conscience Comments

by AuntieJane 22 Replies latest jw friends

• WTFBBQPWNT
    WTFBBQPWNT

..or maybe he did read it and is entitled to his opinion.

Yes, thank you fleaman.

I thought it was ok to express opinions of books on this board. No need to bash somebody's avatar (LOL) when they express their opinion.

As far as Franz goes, I can't believe the intelligent people on this board say things like "he isn't venting, he's just showing the facts in an un-biased way". GAG ME. He knew when he wrote that book that if he came across ANY other way, people would be like, "Oh he's just bitter and venting." Franz is smooth. The most successful people in debate are the ones that stay cool and collected, and that's what he does from an author's standpoint.

For instance, if I want to discourage somebody from going to a certain restaurant that I got fired from, I could say, "OH MY GOD WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T EAT THERE! THE MANAGEMENT ARE ASSHOLES AND I WILL PICKET THEIR PARKING LOT FOR ETERNITY" ........or..........I could say in a cool and calm tone, "Ah, that place has great steaks and awesome entertainment. I would eat there myself, BUT they purposely mix in toilet water with their salads. As much as I hate to, I think I'll stay away."

Ya'll know what I mean?

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

As far as Franz goes, I can't believe the intelligent people on this board say things like "he isn't venting, he's just showing the facts in an un-biased way". GAG ME. He knew when he wrote that book that if he came across ANY other way, people would be like, "Oh he's just bitter and venting." Franz is smooth. The most successful people in debate are the ones that stay cool and collected, and that's what he does from an author's standpoint.

For instance, if I want to discourage somebody from going to a certain restaurant that I got fired from, I could say, "OH MY GOD WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T EAT THERE! THE MANAGEMENT ARE ASSHOLES AND I WILL PICKET THEIR PARKING LOT FOR ETERNITY" ........or..........I could say in a cool and calm tone, "Ah, that place has great steaks and awesome entertainment. I would eat there myself, BUT they purposely mix in toilet water with their salads. As much as I hate to, I think I'll stay away."

Ya'll know what I mean?

Exactly!

That is why it is an excellent read for someone exiting.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Auntie Jane's relative:

"Crisis of Conscience" was not yet written when I left the JWs many years ago, but I wouldn't have needed to read it. I saw for myself the harsh treated meted out to anyone who had honest questions about the WTS and its doctrines.

The final straw for me was the birth of my child. I had to make a decision. It was one thing for me to stay a JW for the sake of peace in my family, but I was damned if I was going to force on my innocent child the kind of childhood I had as a JW. Nor would I ever, EVER have allowed my child to die because of refusing a blood transfusion.

I've read heartbreaking stories on this site of former JWs who, when they were still JWs, left a loved one die because of the WT blood policy. They are broken-hearted and will never fully recover.

The cruel, deliberately ambiguous WT blood policy was the final straw for me, but it's just the tip of the iceberg of many inconsistent and heartless WTS doctrines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit