what was it that made you first doubt????

by chuckyy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• chuckyy
    chuckyy

hi. just wondering what it was that started you to doubt that jws had the truth?? was it doctrine? was it people? just interested????

chukyy

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History of Time".

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

When my Uncle played show-n-tell with his "UN" card. Things that make you go..."WTF?"

Brooke

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Doctrine on 1995 change in "this generation" really got me digging into my WT publications. My mother told me all about 1975 and I added that to my research. Eventually, I was convinced that either the new light on generation was wrong or both the new light and the old light were wrong. As far as 1975 went, it was clear that the WT pubs pushed the hype and blamed the rank and file. There was a further apology years later, but that was just an appeasement- too late.

Finally after years of spare-time research to reach these decisions, I opened up the internet this past summer, 2006. What a flood of information to help me. Freeminds and Ray Franz' book made me start heading toward the door.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The lack of love in the congregation I was in got me wondering, then hetting in trouble with the elders for refusing to shun a da'd friend got me looking into wts beliefs. After a few weeks research, I had no doubts (despite my alias lol) that the jws didn't have the truth, so I left.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Untold amounts of hypocrasy

Dismembered

• sspo
    sspo

The book of Revelation and Daniel and how the idiots applied everything to themselves, it just did not make sense.

The old book of Daniel(green one) i beleive it was called YOUR WILL BE DONE and the explanation they gave and now it is out print because nothing they said came true.

• Jerohobobonadad
    Jerohobobonadad

The flood strangely enough. I remember when they said it had never rained before the flood, but then thought of all the evidence for rain, such as erosion on cliffs and the whole "rain cycle" theory (altough that is still a contraversial topic amongst physical geographers lol). I then thought of the impossibility of getting all the animals on a relatively small "ark", and the problems in getting them from where they were to the "ark" - especially when it came to the odd animals (platypus/ koala etc) and the huge numbers of distinct species endemic to tiny islands, then getting them all back to where they came from. I thought if the bibles obviously wrong on this, who says it's right on anything.

• chiddy
    chiddy

The 1st thing that really done it was their stupid shunning policy, if a bro buys a lottery ticket once and is seen, and reported , that 3 shit for brain's elders can find him guilty even if he is repentant, then has to go through all the shit to get re-instated , give me a break!

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

It was when the society announced the plans for Patterson. (This is pre 1995 generation change, around1990). I was to graduate soon. Immediately begin aux. Pioneering and work up to reg. pioneer. I couldn't believe that with the"end being sooooo close" why they bothered.I remember looking at the information the society sent to be posted on the information board and thinking "It will be finished in 5 years. Why are they planning this? THE NEW SYSTEM WILL BE HERE!" I was told not to go to college. The time was short. It blew me away as something silly that would never happen. It's been there about 10 years now. Too bad the rest of us weren't allowed to make any plans.

Kitten Whiskers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit