Can you get d'fd if the elders never catch up with you

by yaddayadda 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Can the elders hold a JC and disfellowship someone in absentia, without even making contact with you beforehand? Can they just summons you to a JC by, say, leaving a note in your letterbox or a message on your answerphone, and if you don't turn up, diss you anyway?

• Zico
    Zico

They need to send you a letter or something telling you when the JC meeting is. If you don't turn up, they will hold the meeting, and come to a judgement without you. If you didn't receive the letter, well, that's not their fault!

• Gill
    Gill

Yes, they can! They can do anything they want, or so they think.

The one thing they can never do, however, is 'Live Forever!' and that's cool with me!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

The last time I was df'd, 2 elders showed up at my door. I had some people over...the elders wanted to talk, I said 'no'. The house was full of people. ...They said they wanted to speak to me at the KH...I didn't show up...ever again.

My dad called me at work some time later....and told me I was dead to him. I assumed that to mean that I was df'd. No one ever tried to contact me again.

lisa

• Gill
    Gill

((((((((( Lisa ))))))))))

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The elders have a lot of power, and if they want to df you, they can do it, whether you acknowledge their calls or not.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

The same kind of thing happened to me as did to lisavegas420. Two goons came here, I told them they had big gonads. I told them to leave me alone. Just make me a "do not call again". Blah,blah,blah. Then I hear through the grapevine I was announced. No meeting, no correspondance in the mail or phone. NADA. Zilch.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Those dickheads can/will/do what ever the hell they want. All with the blessing from big mamma in Brooklyn.

Dismembered

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

My sister in law was told she was df'd by a friend at the KH. She wasn't even told. She till now years later has no idea what charge they used. They simply df'd us via a phone call. They don't have to do anything.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yep, it happens a lot. There's no bill of rights protecting a JW; all justice is handled by kangaroo court.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Well their claim to fame is that there has to be two witnesses to the occurrence. However, if there is a witch hunt (which is common amongst this group), you can have two people who dream up the wrong doing and then they tell the elders what they "saw" and then the elders take over from there. It is my understanding that all the elders have to do is inform you of the mtg and then it is your responsibility to appear. If you fail to go they will DF/DA you in absentia. So they don't have to "catch" you in the wrong doing, but their does have to be an accusation of some kind of wrong doing.

What I find so interesting is that they are quick to DF someone based on what two loons supposedly saw, but they refuse to kick someone out if they have been suspected of child abuse. Funny how that two witness rule gets throw around rather loosely depending on the accusation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit